*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just A Singer In A Band (short story fan-fic)

4 posters

Go down

Just A Singer In A Band (short story fan-fic) Empty Just A Singer In A Band (short story fan-fic)

Post  OneVoice Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:26 pm

This is just a short story fan-fic that I wrote awhile ago. I actually think I did it for a project in high school, which would've been three years ago. Wow, I feel old now. lol Anyway, here it is. If you guys like it, I'll post some of my other fan-fics, and maybe I'll start writing a new one. I haven't written one since BillyHeads was still around. Anyway, here it is.

Just A Singer In A Band

“Billy Gilman! Billy, can I please have your autograph?”

I looked to my right at the sound of my name as I prepared to climb on my bus and saw a little girl, maybe eight or nine years old, running towards me as fast as she could. She was wearing one of my shirts and was carrying a Sharpie marker in her hand. I waited for her and knelt down as she handed me the marker and signed my name on her shoulder. I couldn’t help but smile as I thought about all of my fans. I watched her walk away, smiling from ear to ear, and thought about how all these kids consider me a hero. I was thankful for it, but I wasn’t a hero by any means. I often lay awake at night thinking about what a true hero is.

These kids, and adults, that come to my concerts and sing along with me say that I’m a hero, but the truth is, I’m just a singer in a band. I’m nothing more than that. I sing for a living and entertain people. I’m thankful to be living my dream, but I could name so many people who do so much more than I could ever do in my life, and they do it most every day. People call me a hero, but I’m nothing compared to the true heroes who risk their lives everyday for people like me and you, the ones who don’t get enough credit to their name.

I walk into by bedroom as the bus pulls away, headed for our next destination, and lay down to get some sleep. I can’t sleep because my head is filled with thoughts of heroes, and what a true hero is. Why am I considered such a hero to these kids? Yes, I do a lot for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, but they considered me a hero even before all of that. The incredible people who work at MDA fighting to fine a cure for neuromuscular diseases are true heroes, and Mattie J.T. Stepanek, with his incredible thoughts and his ability as a peacemaker, was a true hero. What is it that makes people look up to singers and actors? My mind buzzed, but I couldn’t figure it out. We’re all just normal people; we just have different kinds of jobs. I sighed and turned on the television, hoping that something would be on to lull me to sleep. However, before I can switch the channel to GAC, I see something on the news that catches my eye; a dedication to all the firefighters and police officers who perished in the 9/11 attacks. I couldn’t help but smile. They deserved every ounce of credit in the world. They gave the greatest sacrifice so people like me and you could keep the freedom that other people just like them gave us.

A few hours later we arrive at our destination and I step off the bus amid cheers. A few fans were lined up outside of a gate screaming my name, and as usual, I walk over to sign a few autographs for them, my manager at my side. I can never just wave and walk away from my fans. Some of them come from half way across the country just to see me, and I feel that I have to give them something in return.

I smiled and waved as I signed CDs, t-shirts, cowboy hats, and anything else that they hand me. The whole time I hear constant yells of “I love you Billy!” or “You’re my hero!” and I always thank them for coming and considering me a hero, even if I’m not a real hero. I had grown used to hearing these things every night during a tour, and I had come to accept it, but I still didn’t see how I was a hero.

I signed as many autographs as I could, but as always, I can’t get everyone. We have to set up for the show, so I apologize to those I couldn’t get to and wave as I follow Angela to the stage as they continue to cheer and scream my name.

Later that night, during the show, as I sing my songs and watch all my fans singing back to me and cheering, I finally realize the power of my music. Maybe I was a true hero after all. Maybe I have been helping people get through tough times by messages through my songs. Maybe I was a true hero after all. I may not save people from fires or other disasters…but maybe I can save people just the same.

I guess a true hero really can be just a singer in a band.
OneVoice
OneVoice
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

http://www.tracylynnbonzo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Just A Singer In A Band (short story fan-fic) Empty Re: Just A Singer In A Band (short story fan-fic)

Post  Autum Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Awesome fan-fic! The first-person point of view is really great. Smile
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Just A Singer In A Band (short story fan-fic) Empty Re: Just A Singer In A Band (short story fan-fic)

Post  Billyfan2006 Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Amazing! I love it! Can't wait to read the others you may post! Smile

Jess
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

http://billygilmanfanfictions.l.makeforum.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ceterson1318 Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:09 am

its true he is a hero. his music has helped through some tough times.
ceterson1318
ceterson1318
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down