*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning a new language?

3 posters

Go down

Learning a new language? Empty Learning a new language?

Post  OneVoice Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:43 am

In an effort to get a new topic going on here and because I'm curious, I was wondering how many of you know a second language or are learning/want to learn a second language and what language that is?

I am currently taking Arabic at school, and it is definitely going to be a challenge, but I have been absolutely fascinated with the language and wanting to learn for about two years now.
OneVoice
OneVoice
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

http://www.tracylynnbonzo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Learning a new language? Empty Re: Learning a new language?

Post  ceterson1318 Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:30 am

i know a little French. My old boss took me to Paris for a couple weeks and we took a French class before we left but i really want to learn Spanish.
ceterson1318
ceterson1318
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 pm

I really like language and learning it seems to be one of my strengths. For some reason, I can automatically pick up the rules of a foreign language, which is something most people lose after they're babies. French would be a cool language to learn... it sounds very pretty. It is also the closest "living" language (so to speak) to Latin. English and Spanish are essentially derived from it. I took Spanish in high school and really liked it. Since my brother's girlfriend is Latina, I often hear Spanish and get to practice actually speaking it with her.

Spanish is a good language to learn. The rules are quite easy, and it is becoming useful to know some basic Spanish in the US, as our Hispanic population is on the rise.

Arabic sounds like a sure challenge to learn! Good luck with that!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum