*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working in teams

2 posters

Go down

Working in teams Empty Working in teams

Post  OneVoice Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:01 am

Another topic in effort to get more posts active other than tracking the number of twitter followers and the games. Not that that's a bad thing, but this board is about so much more than just that. Very Happy

Anyway, the subject of this post....

Do you prefer to work in team projects or individual? What kinds of things make a good team? What are your best and worst experiences with team projects?

I usually prefer to work by myself because I am a really independent person, but it is also easy for me to be a team player. For me, a good team has to have good cohesion all around, and we all have to have the same end result in mind. My best experience was from Internet Marketing during my last quarter. We literally became like a family throughout the ten weeks and we were very sad to see the project end, but we are also keeping in touch, which is awesome for a team that was put together for a school project.

My worst experience I may be dealing with now, although it is still a little early to know for sure. We have to create a media plan for a company, and so far there is only one other person who seems to want to work at the same pace as me. So far, most of my team has skipped at least one class and no one seems to like to respond to e-mails or text messages. Like I said, it is still early, but first impressions usually last and so far my feeling about this team is not good. But we will see.

So, what are you experiences with working on team/group projects?
OneVoice
OneVoice
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

http://www.tracylynnbonzo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Working in teams Empty Re: Working in teams

Post  ceterson1318 Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:15 am

This is a good idea!

the way my school works is we do one class at a time that lasts for 5 weeks and then on to the next subject. In every class there are atleast 2 team projects. You have the option to choose your team or keep the same team you had in the last class. For the last 6 months we have all kept the same team members we had since day one. My team is amazing, we are all there for each other and even help each other with non team assignments. When your working on a team it is important to realize that its a TEAM. Everyone has to do their share. Im not looking forward to the day when we go our separate ways and i have to get a new team in my criminal justice classes. I hope they are as awesome as the team I have now! There is nothing worse than being on a team that expects everyone else to do the work and still get the credit for it.
ceterson1318
ceterson1318
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum