*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mattie Stepanek Thread

4 posters

Go down

The Mattie Stepanek Thread Empty The Mattie Stepanek Thread

Post  Autum Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:20 pm

Hey all:

I have started this thread in honor of Mattie Stepanek (July 17, 1990- June 22,2004). As most of Billy's fans know, Billy put Mattie's poetry to music on his 2003 album, Music Through Heartsongs. Because of that, lots of Billy's fans became fans of Mattie as well.

Mattie has touched millions of lives all over the world with his messages of hope and peace. I know he definitely impacted my life forever.

So...I made this thread for him. In this thread, feel free to share how he touched your life, how you became a fan of his, talk about his books, talk about the Music Through Heartsongs album, share your feelings about his death, share prayers, post links to his videos, share his poems, say how many books of his you own, talk about whether or not you're getting the up-coming biography on Mattie's life, and anything else that relates to him in any way.
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

The Mattie Stepanek Thread Empty Re: The Mattie Stepanek Thread

Post  Autum Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:22 pm

I became a fan of Mattie in 2003 after the "Heartsongs" album was released. I became addicted to Mattie's poetry and even started writing some of my own poems.

Mattie was a living miracle, in my opinion. He taught that all life is beautiful, that everyone matters, that there is always hope, and revealed the beauty in the world.

I'd just like to say that he is one of my heroes and I am forever thankful for his message.
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 pm

I heard of Mattie when I discovered the "Heartsongs" album as well. When I was listening to the lyrics I sworn it was an old, wise poet. But I searched his name, and it was a 12 year old boy. Thats when I was mesmerized, He was one of few who brought me hope again after a family tragety.

I couldn't thank him, as well as the people who have impacted on mine and others lives enough for doing so. Mattie was a peacemaker, and a true legend. And legends live on forever.

We love you Mattie!

Back to top Go down

Post  melisabgfanforlife Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 am

I found out abut mattie when billy come out with mth
melisabgfanforlife
melisabgfanforlife
Recruiter
Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 pm

i'd never heard of mattie until billy's cd MTH
Melody
Melody
BillyCentric!
BillyCentric!

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Autum,
I love this topic. In fact, it's one of my all time favorites.
Mattie means the world to me. I could go on and on about that actually.
I found out about him in 2002 when he was on Oprah for the showing of the second Harry Potter movie, Chamber Of Secrets. He got to meet the cast and everything.
After that, I read his first 5 books and have kept up with him ever since.
I was happy to hear a year later that Billy was putting some of Mattie's poems to music. I was a little unsure at first since the idea was so different, but while I was unsure of how it would sound, I also knew it would turn out great seeing that it was Mattie's poetry.
I love Music Through Heartsongs. I have gone through so much with that cd. I am quite attached to it actually. I would love it if another Heartsongs album was released someday.
I have all of his books, including Messenger. Sometimes I used to let balloons go for him too. In my state at least, you're not allowed to let balloons go anymore so I can't. He's helped me through quite a bit, and I know he'll continue to do just that. He's a very special spirit. <3
Mattie will live on forever.
Miranda
Miranda
Miranda
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down