*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Draft (Another Fan Fic)

3 posters

Go down

The Draft (Another Fan Fic) Empty The Draft (Another Fan Fic)

Post  Billyfan2006 Mon May 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Here's another story I thought I'd post. Let me know what you think.
~~~~~~~~~~

I got this idea through a couple of things. I’ve been thinking, ‘What if the draft comes back? What would I do? What would we all do?’ and then the story came to me. Then another question/thought came to me, like, ‘I couldn’t actually fight, not with being blind in my left eye, so what could I do?’ Well, in this story it answers those questions and more. There WILL be certain facts of my life in this story, and mainly the one is my being blind in my left eye. The girl in this story is too, and well, I’ll let you know if anything else is in there that is true. I hope you like the story. THIS STORY IS NOT BASED ON MY LIFE!
Jess

The Draft
By: Billyfan2006
Date Started: February 10, 2009
Copyright © Billyfan2006 All rights reserved.

Prologue:
The draft was back. That was all she could think as she pulled her car into the parking lot of a National Guard Building. She was here because the letter in the mail told her that the recruiter wanted to speak to her personally. She pulled into a parking space and went into the building.
“Can I help you, Ma’am?” the secretary asked, when she got to the window.
“Yes, I got this letter in the mail telling me that the recruiter wanted to talk to me personally.”
“You must be Miss Harrison.”
“Yes, Ma’am.”
“Can you tell me your full name?”
“Charlotte Isabella Harrison.”
“Date of birth?”
“June 16, 1988.”
“That would make you 20, am I correct?”
“Yes, Ma’am.”
“Okay, thank you. If you will have a seat, someone will be right with you.”
“Okay, thank you, Ma’am.”
She waited for about 5 minutes, and then someone said, “Charlotte Harrison?”
She stood, but truly wished they would call her ‘Isabella’. That was the name she liked to go by but she wouldn’t say anything unless she was asked. She followed the woman that called her and she was led to a door. She knocked and was bid to enter.
“Sir? Miss Harrison is here.”
The man at the desk stood up and said, “Please come in, Miss Harrison and have a seat. You may go, Jenny.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
He sat down after she left the room and shut the door. He looked at the woman a crossed from him. “Thanks so much for coming, Miss Harrison. I’ll get right to the point. I’m sure you heard of the draft?”
“Yes, Sir.”
“Good, good. The truth of the matter is that we can’t send you across the world, but we can still use your help here in the US.”
“I understand, Sir, it’s because I’m blind in one eye, isn’t it?” She hated it when people did this to her. She could do anything she set her mind to.
“Yes, that’s one of the reasons. You see because of that, a lot could happen on that side that you aren’t even aware of. That is why I was talking to someone higher up then I am, and we think it’s a good idea if you would work at the army’s hospital where there are people with injuries that made them either go completely blind or partially blind.”
“Oh, Sir, I would love to do that.”
“I figured you might. The army is going to pay for any schooling that you might need to prepare for this. As you know the draft will officially go in effect in 4 months, so if there’s anything I can do to speed any of this up and have you get to the school you’ll need to let me know.”
“Is there any way you could, Sir?”
“Yes, I can.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
“You’re welcome. Any questions?”
“Yes, Sir. Where is this hospital, and where will I go to school?”
“The hospital and school are in the same town, so it won’t be that difficult. They’re both in Washington D.C.”
“How long will I be there, Sir?”
“I don’t know the short–term but long–term would probably be up to 2 or 3 years.”
“How long for schooling, Sir?”
“Well, you’ll go to the army’s training camp for 9 weeks, and then from there you’ll go to the school. Even after the draft kicks in, you’ll have to go to school in total you’ll be there for up to a year, and the nice thing about it is that you’ll be in school for about 6 months. It would’ve been a full year, but with you also helping out at the hospital, it won’t take you very long.”
“Do I need to report here at a certain time, Sir, or will I be informed of when and where I need to report?”
“You will be told where to go in the mail. Your uniform will be in there also. I think we have a training camp starting on Monday.”
“Okay, thank you, Sir.”
“Anything else you need to know?”
“I don’t think so, Sir.”
“Okay, then, Miss Harrison, you are dismissed for now.”
Isabella went out the door and was soon leaving the parking lot. When she got home, she went through the mail and was surprised to see her uniform and everything else that she had been told would be coming. She read it and realized that when her training was finished and she graduated from it, she would automatically be put into school and would be working soon thereafter. She wouldn’t be coming home as she first thought.
‘Oh, well, there’s always the phone and the internet.’ Isabella thought to herself, ‘And maybe mom and dad can come to my graduation ceremony.’ She looked over the documents and then went to her parent’s house. She went up to the door, knocked and then entered. “Hey dad.”
“Hey Isabella. How was the trip?”
“I hate to tell you this, Dad, but they did find me a job.” She said, and then went on to explain to her parents what she had found out.
“I think you’ll like that.”
“I think so too. I have to report to the national army on Monday.” Isabella looked at her parents, before saying, “I better go, I gotta get everything packed. I’ll talk to you all later.”
“Bye, Isabella, we love you.”
“Love you, too, mom.”
With that, she went out the door; she didn’t look back to her parents, knowing that if she did she would start crying. She went home and started packing, knowing that before she knew it; it would be time for boot camp.

Last edited by Billyfan2006 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

http://billygilmanfanfictions.l.makeforum.org/

Back to top Go down

The Draft (Another Fan Fic) Empty Re: The Draft (Another Fan Fic)

Post  Autum Tue May 18, 2010 11:05 am

First off-- I never knew you were blind in your left eye. That is very interesting.

Secondly-- awesome story! It has a really unique perspective! Keep it coming! I really want to read more!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Tue May 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Here's more. Oh and if you want to learn more about my blindness, I've created a new topic for that. It'll be in the Friends Column Don't want to get distracted in this topic.
~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1: Boot Camp
~*~9 To 10 Weeks Later~*~
Isabella was nervous. It was almost time for graduation ceremony. She couldn’t believe she’d made it, but made it she had. She hadn’t complained. Oh, no, no complaining on her part, at least not aloud. Just then, the sergeant went by them. He spotted her.
“Miss Harrison?”
“Yes, Sir?”
“I have to say you are one of the best soldiers that have ever come through. No complaining to anyone, you always say, ‘Yes, Sir’, ‘No, Sir’, or ‘Yes, Ma’am’, ‘No, Ma’am’. You have a wonderful attitude towards everyone. You help anyone that asks, without thought to yourself. You always work hard to accomplish your goals and you accomplish everything we ask of you, Miss Harrison. I think you’ll do well with everything that comes your way.”
“Thank you, Sir.” Isabella said, “But if I may say something, Sir?”
“Of course.”
“Thank you, Sir. I appreciate what your saying, Sir, it does my heart good to hear it, but Sir, if I may be bold, I may have not complained to anyone, but I have to say, I was pretty hard on myself.”
“I’m glad you told me that, Miss Harrison, but to tell you the truth, that doesn’t really matter to me. What matters to me is that you never complained aloud. Where do you go after this?”
“I’m headed to Washington D.C. to the army hospital there, Sir.”
“I see. I hope everything goes well.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
“You’re welcome. Good luck out there, Miss Harrison, you’ll do fine.” With that, the sergeant went on his way, leaving Isabella to wonder what he meant. She turned towards the front of the line. She only talked to people when they talked to her; otherwise, she was quiet. She was very nervous, and didn’t really want to talk to anyone. When she was called to get her diploma, she went up, and got it.
“Charlotte Isabella Harrison.”
She went up to the sergeant that she’d talked to earlier, and shook the hands of all her instructors. The sergeant handed the diploma to her, and then said into the microphone, “Miss Harrison has to be one of the best soldiers that I’ve ever had. She didn’t complain when we asked her to do something. She didn’t complain at all, actually. She always said, ‘Yes, Sir’, ‘No, Sir’, or ‘Yes, Ma’am’, ‘No, Ma’am’. She was, and is, a wonderful person to be around. She helped when someone needed it, with no thought to herself.
“She always worked hard to accomplish her goals and everything we asked of her. It may have taken her a couple times to get something accomplished, but she did, and then later went back and kept doing it, whatever it had been, until she accomplished it as perfectly as she could. I think she’ll do extremely well with anything that comes her way even if she has to keep doing it over again.
“That’s what got me. She never talked back when one of us told her what she’d done wrong, she just worked hard to make it work the way we wanted it to. I don’t know about the others beside me that instructed this young woman, but I for one am so proud of her. We never had to repeat anything twice to her, and Miss Harrison, with saying that, the other instructors and I would like to give you the first ever award. It’s called The Harrison Award.”
“But, Sir, I…I can’t accept this, I’m sorry, Sir.”
“But why?”
“I appreciate what your saying, Sir, it does my heart good to hear it, but Sir, if I may be bold, I may have not complained to anyone, but I have to say, I was pretty hard on myself.”
“I’m glad you told me that, Miss Harrison, but to tell you the truth, that doesn’t really matter to me, to us. What matters is that you never complained aloud.”
Isabella couldn’t understand why the sergeant would do this, and said so, “Sir, I guess I don’t understand, because I know of others that should have that award. Therefore, you see, Sir, I can’t take that award. I thank you for your kindness, but I just don’t think I deserve that award.” With that, Isabella carefully and gracefully got off the stage.
She never took the award. She just left the grounds. She went home and packed for her duties as a nurse and for college. She hoped that she would do an amazing job. She had always wanted to help others that had the same problem as she had had her entire life. When she was packed, she left her house and started towards the airport where she would leave for Washington D.C. She really didn’t want to see anyone she knew. She just wanted to get to her job and forget what had happened at her graduation.

Last edited by Billyfan2006 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed the color of something)
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Tue May 18, 2010 10:26 pm

You've gotta give us more!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Wed May 19, 2010 12:30 pm

As asked here's more...two chapters are here and someone we all know and love is going to be in this post. Smile
~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2: Fainting
~*~6 and a half months later~*~
She’d finally graduated from the college that the army had sent her too. She just couldn’t believe that it’d taken so short a time, but she’d pretty much studied 24/7 without much sleep. Now she could work her 40-hour week at work. After she took a week break. She had talked with her boss and told him that she just needed a couple days off to catch up on all the sleep she had missed. He had agreed, knowing that she hadn’t gotten very much sleep in the last few months, and he gave her a week off. Now she could sleep without worrying about anything. When she fell asleep, she slept for over 24 hours. When she woke up, she knew something was wrong, and texted a friend, who was down the hall.

‘Can you please come down here? I fell asleep and just woke up. I’ve been asleep for over 24 hours.’

Her friend was soon there, and took one look at her and said, “Girl, you sure don’t look good. I’m taking you to the army’s hospital.”
Isabella didn’t have the strength to say no, she just got up, and her friend, Lizzie, helped her get dressed. They left the apartment, and went to Lizzie’s car. They arrived at the hospital, and Lizzie helped Isabella into the hospital. The head nurse saw them, and said, “Elizabeth! What’s wrong with Isabella?”
“I don’t really know. She texted me and told me that she had been asleep for over 24 hours. When I got there, she didn’t look very good. I thought it would be a good idea to bring her here.”
“That was an excellent idea.” The nurse said, then turned, and seeing a co–worker said, “James, can you come here?”
“Yes, Ma’am?”
“Take Isabella to one of the ER rooms. Have Mackenzie check her out.”
“Yes, Ma’am.”
They took Isabella back to an ER room, while the head nurse, Angelina, checked her in. When that was down, she called Isabella’s boss.
“Greg? This Is Angelina Douglas.”
“Hey, Angelina. Anything I can do for you?”
“Yes, I just got someone in that I think you should know about?”
“Who?”
“Isabella.”
“Harrison? No way!”
“Yes, and she isn’t doing very well, Sir, you may want to come down here.”
“I will be right there. Thank you so much for letting me know.”
Soon, Isabella’s boss was down there. “What is wrong with her?”
“She’s got the flu. Badly. She’ll make it, thanks to Elizabeth.”
“Thank you, Elisabeth. How did you find out?”
Elizabeth, for the 10th time, told about what happened.
“Good thinking on your part to bring her here.”
“I knew we would be helped here. May I ask something, Sir?” Lizzie asked.
“Yes.”
“How long do you have your workers work?”
“12 hours, why?”
“For awhile, I think she shouldn’t work above 8, until after she’s better, then you should gradually increase her hours until she works 12 hours, Sir.”
“She’s that sick?”
“Yes, Sir.” Lizzie turned to Angelina and asked, “May I take him back there?”
“Yes.”
They walked back there and to the room Isabella was in. She had tubes in her arms, one was fluids, one was a medicine and the other was food.
“She doesn’t look to good.”
“She looks better than she did earlier, through, Sir.”
“I bet.” He said, as he saw Mackenzie in the hall, and went out to her, “Mackenzie, how long will she be here?”
“She has to wake back up and be 100% herself before she can go home, Sir.”
“Thank you.” Greg said, and went back out to Angelina, “Angelina, make it so I get billed for this.”
“Yes, Sir.” Angelina said, wanting to ask why, but figured this man had his own reasons.
He turned away and then turned back to her, “Oh, and Angelina?”
“Yes, Sir?”
“Let me know when she awakes. I’ll be here until she is.”
“Yes, Sir.”
~*~48 hours later~*~
“Greg? This is Angelina.”
“How is she?”
“Finally staying awake, Sir.”
“I’m glad. I’ll be right there.”
~*~Isabella’s Room~*~
As Isabella woke up, she knew that she wasn’t in the apartment building where she lived. She opened her eyes and seen that she was at work, and in an ER room. She felt the tubes and knew what they were for. What happened to her? It was all so fuzzy for her. The last thing she could remember was lying down in her bed at home. She heard someone come into the room.
“What’s wrong with me?”
“You had a very nasty flu virus.”
“How did I get here?”
“Elizabeth brought you.”
“How did she find me?”
“You texted her, remember?”
“I do now.”
“Good. Your boss should be here soon. He was awfully worried about you.”
Isabella started improving and was on her feet and working in no time at all.

Chapter 3: Letters
~*~2 weeks later~*~
Billy Gilman was sitting on his bed, if you could call it that, reading his mail that he’d gotten from his parents and younger brother, Colin. As he read, silent tears came over from his eyes. (Both letters from his parents and brother are longer, but this is the gust of it.)

‘Billy,
It was so nice to hear that you were all settled in, son, but I have to say, I just hate to think of you over there in the Middle East, it’s just hard to imagine.
Your father and I have been reading your fans letters at least 1 hour every day, if not more. They are all very supporting of you, as are we. Take care of yourself, honey, and remember, we love you and are praying for you every second of every day.

Love always,
Mom and Dad

P.S. Colin wanted to send you a separate letter in a separate envelope, and I finally talked him into just sending you one in this envelope. Mom’

Billy found the other letter in the envelope, understanding why they had done that. Any letters he sent waited until he had written all of them and then sent them all in one envelope to his mom who would then sort them and send them to the correct people. He always sent a letter for her to put on his MySpace, his website, and his main fan site, BillyGilmanFans, for his fans to read. His fans would then spread the word to other fans that either couldn’t get onto his MySpace or even get online. They’d set all this up before he even went to boot camp.

‘To my older brother, Billy,
Hey, Billy! I can’t believe that you’ve been gone this long. It’s been over 7 months since I last saw my favorite brother. Ha-ha! I miss bugging you and us just hanging out, or playing the Wii or watching a scary movie and laughing over all the scary scenes. It’s just not the same when I do all that by myself, or with my girlfriend. I miss you so very much. Please come home safely and I promise you I won’t bother you anymore. Lol! I love you, now and forever, big brother.
Love always,
Your Younger Brother, Colin’

Billy was crying harder then ever when he stopped reading his younger brother’s letter. He missed those times too. Oh, how he missed them, but when he heard that the draft was coming back, he enrolled himself and was in it before they even began the draft…
“Is everything okay, Mr. Gilman?”
Billy looked up, and saw his sergeant. Billy stood at immediate attention. “I’m sorry, Sir, I was just reading my letters from home.”
“I understand. At ease, Mr. Gilman.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
“Let’s take a walk, Mr. Gilman. I would like to tell you a story.”
“Yes, Sir.” Billy said, walking easily beside his sergeant.
“Is that your first letter?”
“My 4th time, Sir, but it hasn’t gotten any easier. I thought it would.”
“I don’t think it ever does.” The sergeant told Billy, truthfully, “I’ve been in the army for over 25 years, Mr. Gilman, and it still hasn’t gotten any better. May I ask you what was in those letters that had you that emotional?”
“Yes, Sir. It was a happy memory and I guess a sad one at the same time.” Billy said, smiling, tears still rolling silently, “You see, Sir, my brother and I are quite the jokers at home and he was just reminding me all about that and how he used to bug me, and a few other things. It just got to me, I’m sorry, Sir.”
“It’s okay, I understand. When do you leave out again?”
Billy looked at his watch and said, “1 hour, Sir.”
“Good, good. Stay safe, Mr. Gilman.”
“I will be, Sir. My fans wouldn’t know what to do without me, would they?”
“I’m afraid not.” The sergeant said, and then asked, “Would you perform a concert some night, Billy?”
“I could, Sir, as long as I could do it anyway I liked, and my band would be here or at least on a big screen?”
“You can and they would be on the big screen and watching you perform.”
“Then I will, Sir.”
“You wouldn’t do it without your band, then, Billy?”
“No, Sir, but let’s have it be a surprise to them. I haven’t seen or actually talked to any of them since I left home. Their just like family, Sir.”
“I understand. You want the family to be there, too?”
“Of course.”
“I’ll let you know when it is.”
“Thank you, Sir.” Billy said, and then added, “Sir, may I ask a question?”
“You did, but ask again.”
“Can you have it be a surprise singer type thing?”
“Oh, that’d be good. I’ll see you later, soldier.”
“I’ll see you later, sergeant.” Billy said, before turning around and heading towards the bunkhouse to get ready for his next 12 hour swift.
What Billy didn’t know was that the sergeant was getting ready to have the concert that very night. He had all his co–workers helping him to get it ready. He got a hold of Taylor Swift’s crew and told them what was going down, and asked them to help get Billy’s family, band, and crew into station. He also called FOX and CNN and told them that they’d patch them through at four Middle East Time (Or however you say it there) that night for a live concert with a singer that would be singing for the soldiers. He told them that it would be worth their while to see all this. Billy got off at noon, so it would give him a couple hours to rest. He would talk to him after he got off and had rested a bit. The sergeant knew that Billy would need to warm up a bit before singing.

Last edited by Billyfan2006 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Thu May 20, 2010 11:36 am

I liked how you surprisingly introduced Billy into the story! Like, when you first start out reading it, you have no idea he is going to be involved, but when you introduce him the way you do, it adds lots of excitement and anticipation to the story! Good job, Jess! Give us more!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Fri May 21, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks Autum! Never thought of it like that. Smile The song that you don't recongize in here was written by me.
~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 4: A new position
~*~Isabella (A few hours later) ~*~
As Isabella was working, the television was on FOX, and she saw that it was on the war in the Middle East. The woman was saying, “Tonight in Iraq there will be something that everyone will want to watch. I don’t know the particulars; expect that we’ll be patched through to the Middle East for a live concert with a singer, whose name is not being said at this time, who will be singing for the soldiers. I can tell you that it’s a singer we all know and he is also a soldier. We won’t know more until eight EST (Eastern Standard Time) this morning, so please just continue watching for updates. We’ll be back after these…”
“ISABELLA!”
Isabella stepped into attention. She knew she’d been caught.
“I do NOT pay you to sit and watch TV. Why were you watching it?”
“I’m sorry, Sir, it’s just that…”
“I don’t care; just do that on your own time.”
“Yes, Sir. I’m sorry, Sir.”
Isabella’s manager left without further word. Here she was about to be promoted to the job she wanted and now she wouldn’t be. She looked at the clock and noted that it was about three in the morning. She had an hour left of her 12 hour swift. Thank God.
“Miss Harrison, may I please speak with you?” Her boss asked her coming out of his office some 10 minutes later.
“Yes, Sir.” She followed him into his office.
“Please have a seat.” He continued on when they were both seated, “Brad told me that he caught you watching TV, is that true?”
“Yes, Sir.”
“What was it about?”
“Just something about a live concert with a singer, whose name is not being said at this time, who will be singing for the soldiers and that it would be happening at around 8 this morning.”
“I heard about that. I’ll let it slide this time.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
“I’ve been thinking about your upcoming promotion.” Her boss started, “And I think you should have it.”
“Thank you, Sir.” She said as calmly as she could, but on the inside, she was so excited.
“I’ll tell you what, go home early today. Right now actually, and come back in on Monday.” It was Friday.
“Thank you, Sir.”
“If I were you, I’d be getting my sleeping schedule flipped around. You’ll start on Monday at 8 in the morning instead of doing the 12 hour night shift.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
“No problem.”
She was dismissed and was told to go home. She went home, but she decided to start getting her sleeping schedule back on track and stayed up until that night at eleven, and of course, she watched FOX to see who it was that would be singing in the Middle East.

Chapter 5: The Concert
~*~Baghdad, Middle East, (concert time) ~*~
“My parents and family are watching?” Billy asked, for the umpteenth time, to the sergeant. He was so nervous about this that he forgot that he hadn’t said ‘Sir’. The sergeant knew this and knew that right now Billy needed a friend more then a sergeant.
“Yes, Billy, they are. You’ll do fine. Everyone will enjoy this. You look nice in that outfit. How does it feel not to be wearing your uniform?” The sergeant said, wanting to take Billy’s mind off the topic of his parents and family.
“Different. I’ve wore that thing 24/7 pretty much since I got here. It’s different.” Billy told him. Because of where they were, every one of them wore their uniforms pretty much 24/7.” Before long, he heard, “1 minute until show time! 1 minute!”
He breathed in deeply and waited for his cue. He was now ready.
“Ladies and gentlemen, and everyone in the states, please give a warm welcome to tonight’s performer!” The announcer left it at that, as Billy had wanted everyone to see for themselves who it was. He ran out onto the stage. The lights were off, so no one could see him. Prerecorded music came on, it was a song no one, except him, had heard before. He let it play through once, and then started singing. It stayed dark until he finished the song.

“I left one morning on the bus
She cried as she watched me go
Knowing that I had to leave
Oh, but the draft dragged me away
And oh, my mama cried as I walked away
It hurt so much that I cried too
Oh, it hurt so much that I cried too
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
When all my fans had heard that
I, too, would be drafted
They all cried but knew that I had to go
I miss the concerts and tours that I had
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
I miss the fun I had with my band
The times that Charlie would beat me on the Wii (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah)
The times when y’all would just be there for me
When I needed you the most.
Oh, how I miss those times
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
I miss the fun that my brother and I would have
Pranking everyone that we could or
The times when we would just sit
Watching a scary movies
And laughing our heads off at the scary parts
Because we had watched them one to many times
And knew how it ended
Oh, how I miss those times
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
I will be home someday soon
You can, you can, bet on…
You can, you can, bet on…
You can, you can, bet on that!
Yeah!”

A spotlight went onto Billy, who got a standing ovation for that performance. When the crowd settled, Billy started talking.
“Thank you all.” He turned towards the big screen, and was so surprised that he could only stare for a second, and then said, “Mr. Kennedy? Did you do all this, Sir?”
“Yes, Billy,” came a voice from off stage, “I did. The whole world is watching.”
“Wow.” Billy said, “Hold on a moment, please. This is just a shock. May I have a chair?”
A member of the staff came out and handed a stool to Billy, who put it where he wanted it, and then said, “Band, please play ‘Let Me Remind You Again’.”
Everyone that knew Billy knew that he would be singing this song only by listening to the music, as he tried to get his heart to slow down and get a grip on what was going on. They knew that he hated surprises like this.
When ‘Let Me Remind You Again’ was finished, Billy had calmed down, and had realized what was going on, and while the band finished playing, he said, “Keep playing low, guys, while I talk to everyone.” He got up and started walking around, “Leave the chair.” He told a person that was about to come and get the chair, “I’ll let you know when to move it.” He sighed deeply and then began talking.
“Many of you know that I, of course, am now a soldier. I have been for several months. Earlier today, or was it yesterday, as I was finishing a letter that my brother had sent me, my sergeant came walking up and asked if anything was wrong, since I was crying. I told him that I was just missing my family. I was on some down time so I had more of a chance to think about them.
“We got to talking about that, I won’t say what it was he said, I promised myself that I would never tell anyone, especially the world, about what my fellow soldiers say, and I, in turn, don’t say much to anyone about my personal life, just because of that fact. Anyway, after we had talked awhile on that subject, I was asked if I wanted to give a concert some night. I jumped at the chance.
“How longs it been since I had a concert? At least a year, if not longer, so I just jumped at the chance, as I said. Then I got to thinking.” Billy turned towards the large screen where he could see his parents and brother along with his crew watching, “How about we get my parents and brother to watch without their knowing about it, until I was introduced? So then, my sergeant put all of this together. I have no idea how he even did it. I think I’ll talk to him about it later. Now, enough chitchat! Who wants me to sing?”
Everyone screamed. Billy heard a voice louder then anyone else, and turned to see his brother screaming his head off. He started singing, making everyone feel like he was singing just for him or her. The soldiers felt better than they had in weeks. Billy, of course, felt like he was exactly where he belonged, which, of course, he was. He hadn’t felt this good in such a long time. He sang a few songs, each time, introducing the song, not only for the benefit of his band, but just so, everyone knew the title of the song.
After awhile, he stopped and said, “I’ll give CNN and FOX a little time for a commercial. 5 minutes. That’s all. Then I’ll introduce some of my fellow soldiers and allow them a few moments to say hi to their family and friends.” Billy said, and then sat on the stool, just looking out at his fellow soldiers. He gave CNN and FOX time to go to commercial and then looked back at the big screen. When he was sure they had gone to commercial, he started talking.
“Did y’all even know that I was a country singer?” He heard a few ‘No’s’. “Well, you do now. I started when I was 3 years old. I’ll let you in on all that later.” He turned back to the big screen, “Hey, Col?”
“Yes, Billy?”
“If I could get a Wii here, would you like to play?
“Sure! Of course!”
“Cool. You’ll just have to give me a bit of time to warm up. I haven’t played that thing in months.”
“I know! Either have I. It hasn’t been the same.”
“Should I sing LFH?” Billy asked his brother, knowing that CNN and FOX were back.
“Yeah! But do you think that MJM would care?” Colin asked, knowing why his brother had used their code.
“I hope not, but I’ll give him the credit.”
“I’d also sing, COTRWAB.”
“From KT?”
“Yes. I’d also do GA. You do such an amazing job with that one, and INMA.”
“Any others?”
“The one from GL.”
“Oh, yes, of course. Have to do that one.”
“IAOT.”
“Of course! Can’t forget that one.”
“AAU.”
“Hmm…That will be saved for later. You know what songs I want.”
“Right. I can’t think of any others right now.”
“Either can I.” Billy told his brother, “Text those to Steve. Use the actual names. He doesn’t know what they stand for.”
“What order?”
“INMA, IAOT, LFH, COTRWAB, the one from GL, and then GA.”
“Sounds fine with me.” Colin said, already done with his text and sent it to the band, “I’ve sent it.”
“Did you get it, Steve?”
“Yes. I like these songs. LFH really fits, Billy.”
“I know.” Billy said, and the turned to his fellow soldiers. “If you know these next six songs, please join with me. All of you. Hit it band!”
The band started playing. Billy sang, ‘I’m Not Me Anymore’, ‘Is Anyone Out There’, ‘Letters From Home’, ‘Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)’, ‘God Bless The U.S.A.’, and ‘Amazing Grace’.
“I hope its okay that I sang them. I didn’t get permission, and I really couldn’t, but I think those fit in. Think you all for being patient when I was talking to my brother.” Billy knew that it was time for another commercial, and said, “We’ll be right back after these messages. I’ll be ready this time.” He started laughing, after CNN and FOX had went to break, when he remembered that he had totally forgotten to introduce some of his fellow soldiers. “Opps.” Was heard throughout the entire arena. The commercial break was soon over, and then Billy started talking again.
“During the commercial break, I remembered something I said I would do. Earlier, I said I would introduce some of my fellow soldiers. I will start now. The first soldier I’m going to introduce is my sergeant, Mr. Bruce Kennedy. Can you please come out here, Sir?”
Bruce walked out, and was soon sitting on a stool next to Billy. “Tell me, sergeant, how long have you been in the military?”
“Over 25 years.”
“So you’ve had lots of experience then, Sir?”
“Yes, I have.”
“What’s the hardest thing you had to ever do?”
“Walk away from my family to come over here. I still ache whenever I read the mail that I get from them.”
Billy asked a few more questions, and then asked the sergeant if he wanted to say anything to his family and friends back home in the states. The sergeant said them, and then went back to the back. Billy called a few more soldiers up to talk to them a bit, and then let them say hi to their family and friends back in the states. Before long, Billy took another commercial break, then went on to sing a few more songs, before long, he closed up. He didn’t want to, but he had to since he had to get some sleep, as did his fellow soldiers, before they went for their next 12–hour swift.
He finished the song he was on, and said, “Well, folks, that’s all the time we have tonight or this morning, depending on where you are. Until they let me do this again! Later y’all.” He said, and then looked at his mom. CNN and FOX hadn’t left yet, so Billy knew that his fans would hear him. “Oh, and Mom?”
“Yes?”
“Did you tape this?”
“Yes.”
“Post it. Only you are allowed to. Anyone else and you know what to do. I love you all. Thanks for watching! Oh, and to all my fans, keep posting, and just to let you know, I’m doing amazing, and I miss seeing you all.” Billy left the stage and went to his bunk. He was soon in his uniform, and went right to sleep. His swift came and went, and as everyone knew that it had been an emotional toll on him, they all let him sleep. Even the General, who could be very strict. Guess he had a soft spot in his heart after all.

Last edited by Billyfan2006 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  gilmangirl Sat May 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Love this story can't wait to read more of it
gilmangirl
gilmangirl
Recruiter
Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Here you go! A VERY VERY VERY VERY short update! You're gonna kill me for this one. Later!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 6: What’s happened to me?
~*~4 weeks later~*~
Billy was with six other soldiers in a humvee, when all of a sudden, there was a loud noise. A bomb. The seven soldiers went to see if they could find out what had happened. They were about there, when another bomb went off. Billy and the others seen the explosion, but never got closer to it, as another bomb went off some 10 feet away. The last thing Billy remembered was a bright light of the explosion, and then darkness. His last thought was, “I love you.” He didn’t know it, but he said it aloud, too.

Last edited by Billyfan2006 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Decided to shorten it a bit. I love leaving cliffy's)
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  gilmangirl Mon May 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Good Cliff hanger
gilmangirl
gilmangirl
Recruiter
Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Mon May 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Good lord, girl! You know how to leave suspense!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Here you go. The rest of Chapter 6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~*~2 months later~*~
Billy started coming around, and when he finally opened his eyes, he couldn’t see anything at all.
“H–help m–me!” He strutted, while yelling. He felt arms on his, and then a gentle, soothing voice came to him.
“Its okay, Billy. You’ll be fine.”
“W–what’s w–wrong with me?” Billy asked, after his throat had been wetted down with some water.
“What’s the last thing you remember?” The voice asked him.
“Just a bright light, probably a bomb, and then darkness.”
“A bomb did go off, and Billy, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you’re blind. That bright light from the bomb blinded you. You will be blind the rest of your life.”
“NOOOOOO! I can’t be. I just can’t be.” Billy denied, “This is a dream. Just a bad dream. I’m in my bunk at the army camp and soon I’ll be waking up.” However, Billy knew that that wasn’t true. He knew he was, in fact, blind. “P–please tell me I’m sleeping, p–please.”
“I’m sorry, Billy, but you are, in fact, blind.”
“Why did this happen to me?”
The woman looked at the man beneath her, (she was still holding him down), as she remembered what her, and his, favorite poet, Mattie J.T. Stepanek, once said. She asked him, “Billy, remember what Mattie J.T. Stepanek once said?”
“What?”
“ ‘Sometimes I go through ‘why me’, but then I realize ‘why not me?’ Better me than a kid, who already has enough stress in his life, better me, than a little baby, who wouldn’t understand it, and it could possibly hurt even more. So I think ‘why me’ and then I realize ‘why not me?’ ” She quoted, then said, “So, Billy, why not you?”
“Thank you. I needed that.”
“I know.”
Billy thought about it, and vowed to himself that he’d do his best to never ask ‘why me’ again. To himself or anyone else again. “Where am I?”
“Washington, D.C., Billy. You’re at the army’s hospital here.”
“What’s your name?”
“Isabella.”
“I’m glad to meet you, Isabella.” Billy said, “How are…the others?”
“They are here.”
“That’s good. Anything serious happen to them?”
“One lost an arm. One lost a leg. One’s deaf. One lost both legs. And one lost both arms.”
“Are they awake?”
“Yes.”
“How’d they take it?”
“One took it really well, the others not so well.”
“Which one took it really well?”
“The one that lost his arms.”
“Oh. I’ll be taught Braille, right?”
“Yes.”
“When?”
“A week from now.”
“By who?”
He heard a sigh, and then, “Me.”
“Is there anyway I can see you face?”
“Yes.”
“How?”
“Hold on just a second, Billy.” Isabella said, as she hit the call button. Soon a nurse was there.
“Yes, Ma’am?”
“Get the boss.”
“Yes, Ma’am.”
The nurse left and the boss was soon there.
“Anything wrong, Miss Harrison?”
“No, the patient is awake, and I’ve told him everything. He’d like to see my face.”
“I see. And you needed me here, why?”
“You know the rules, Sir.”
“Of course. Go ahead. Show your patient.”
“You ready for your first lesson, Billy?”
“Yes.”
“Okay. I’ll put your hands on my face and then you’ll see it, okay?” she said, and then explained how to do it.
“Okay.”
Isabella put his hands on her face. Before long, Billy asked, “What’s your hair color?”
“Blond.”
“Like mine?”
“Just a little darker.”
“Eye color?”
“A baby blue.”
Before long, Billy was done, and he pulled away, “You are beautiful.”
“Thank you.” Isabella replied, “Billy you should be getting some shut eye. I’ll let you get some.”
“Please, please stay with me.” Billy said, knowing he was acting like a child, but he didn’t know what was going on around him, and wanted someone with him. If he was truthful with himself, he would’ve figured out that he liked his nurse.
“I will.” Isabella turned to her boss and said, “May I have a cot brought in, Sir?”
“Yes. I’ll have Michael bring one in, Miss Harrison.”
“Thank you.”
“Your welcome. Oh, and Billy?”
“Yeah?”
“You’re right she is beautiful and I think if you’d meant her in a different place and time, you two would’ve been going out.”
“You mean that, Sir?”
“Yes. I’ll talk to you about that later. You better do as your nurse says before she gets mad. And I better leave before she kills me with the look she’s giving me.”
“Okay, Sir.”
“Sleep tight, Mr. Gilman.”
“Thank you, Sir. Oh, and Sir?”
“He left, Billy.”
“Can you get him? And then stay out there in the hall?”
“Yes, sir.”
“Please don’t call me Sir.” Billy said, but didn’t receive an answer. He knew she was gone. Soon he heard a knock. “Please come in.”
“Miss Harrison told me you needed to ask me a question?”
“No, Sir.”
“Oh, okay, then.” The sergeant said, turning to leave.
“I have a few questions to ask you, Sir.”
The sergeant turned back to look at Billy, and said, “What are they?”
“Are we alone, Sir?”
“Yes.”
“The door is shut?”
“No, but I’ll shut it.” The sergeant slammed it for effect.
“You mad, Sir?”
“No. Just wanted to let you know the door is shut.”
Billy heard someone giggling. “Who’s laughing? If it ain’t the sergeant, get out!” Billy heard the door open and shut, and then said, “You lied to me.”
“No, Billy, I…”
“Get out, and don’t let me hear your voice or your walk again until tomorrow.”
“Yes, Sir.”
“Tell Isabella to come in here, but she’s to do no talking unless I ask for something or she’s talking to a nurse that comes in.”
“Yes, Sir.” The sergeant said, quietly opening the door. He went passed Billy’s guards, and to the station.

Last edited by Billyfan2006 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  gilmangirl Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:04 pm

love the cliffhanger please continue
gilmangirl
gilmangirl
Recruiter
Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Chapter 7: You aren’t MY brother
When the sergeant was out of hearing and seeing range, one of the guards went into Billy’s room.
“Billy?” the guard said.
“What?”
“Do you know who this is?”
“No.”
“Billy, Billy, Billy. Think, dude, think.”
“Colin!”
“Yes. I had to dress up as a guard. They wouldn’t let me in here otherwise. The…” Colin was quiet when he heard the prearranged signal. “Get that nurse out of here.”
Billy didn’t say a thing as he listened to his brother walk away. At least he thought it was his brother. The nurse came in, and Billy said, “Close the door.” The nurse closed the door. “Walk over here to me.” The nurse did, and Billy listened for other noises in the room. He didn’t hear any, and then said, “Can you call my brother for me?”
“I’ll let you.” She handed him a phone, “This is your cell phone.” Or was it?
“Thank you. You may leave the room until I’m done.” Billy heard the nurse leave. Before calling his brother’s phone, he made it so that he would hear the number he was calling. Then he called his brother.
“Hello?”
“Colin? Where are you?” He whispered, as he would during his whole conversation with his brother.
“At home. Where are you?”
“Dude, come to the army hospital in Washington D.C.”
“What’s going on?”
“I don’t know. Just get here. There are some freaky things going on.”
“What room?”
“I don’t know. Hold on. Mute yourself, I’d like you to hear this.”
“Okay.”
“On the count of 3. 1, 2, 3.” Billy said, “Don’t get freaked out by what I’m about to do. And whatever you do, don’t push the un–mute button, until I say.” He put the phone on speaker, hid it, and then called out, “Hey, Guard!”
The guard came into the room, and said, “Yeah, Billy?”
“What is my favorite thing to do with you?”
“Watch movies.”
‘No, hell, no.’ Billy thought before he forced a smile and said, “Good job, Colin. That’s it, you can go.”
“Yes, Billy.”
“Oh, and what hospital room am I in?”
“You’re in room 424.”
“Thank you. You can go.” Billy waited until he knew the guard was out of the room, and pulled the phone out from under the covers, took off the speakerphone, and then whispered, “See what I mean?”
“Yeah, that’s a lot to take in. How can I get in?”
“Tell them that you’re a friend of the family or something and that they sent you to check up on me. Use those clothes I got for you and DO NOT COME AS YOURSELF. Make up some story about how you heard. Anything. I don’t trust anyone right now.”
“I don’t blame you.”
“Just hurry and get here, and don’t take ‘no’ for an answer. You better be here when I wake up later.”
“Okay.”
“Oh, and when I do…”
“Yeah?”
“Use our codeword.”
“Okay. I’ll talk to you later. And Billy?”
“Yeah?”
“It’s true, isn’t it?”
“That I’m blind? Yeah, afraid so. I’ll tell you more later. Just get here. Use the plane. I love you.”
“I love you.”
Billy hung up and hid the cell phone, after going to the voice command center and saying, ‘Go to Master Volume’. He then set it so it was on vibrate only. He hid it, and then yelled, “She can come in now.”
Isabella came in and said, “I’m here.”
“Good. Now I’m going to bed.”
Chapter 8: Brother to the rescue
~*~Colin~*~
Colin hung up and looked at his parents, and said, “Something’s not right, mom, dad.”
“What did he say?”
Colin told them everything Billy told him and all that he’d heard. Or almost everything.
“And he said to use your codeword?”
“Yes.” Colin said, and then added, “The guard that Billy had talked to during this whole thing answered a question wrong that Billy asked him. I can’t say what. Then he was asked what room Billy was in.”
“Which is?”
“424.”
“How are you going to get in there?”
“Dress up as someone else. I have to get him out of there or something. He doesn’t trust people right now since he can’t see anyone. I think I’m supposed to do this by myself. I’m glad of one thing, through.”
“What’s that?”
“I wasn’t drafted.”
“That is a good thing. Let’s get you in your outfit.”
“Okay and I think I’ll leave out as myself, and come back in a little while as your spokesperson.”
“Good idea.”
“No.” Bill told his wife and son, “We don’t want them to be prepared for his coming. Colin will leave as himself and head somewhere and change into that. He will then make his way to Billy’s hospital room. If they knew we had sent someone there to check up on him, he might be moved again. We don’t want that. Go figure out how we’re to do this.”
“I know exactly how. I think Billy’s got a pretty good idea of how I’m going to dress too.”
“What do you mean?”
“Stay here. I’ll holler for you when I’m ready. I can’t have anyone see me in it quite yet. I’ll explain some of it to you what’s going on when you see me.”
“Okay.”
Colin left the room, and headed to his bedroom. Before long, he called out, “Fran, Bill, come here.”
Bill and Fran went to their son’s room.
“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Gilman. I’m Jack. Jack Wilson.”
“Colin…”
“My name is Jack. Jack Wilson.” The man said again.
“Okay, Jack, what’s going on here?”
“I’ll let Colin tell you. If you’ll just go out the door, he’ll be with you soon.” Jack/Colin said. He couldn’t believe that he was about to tell them. Well, not everything. Colin shook at that, as he got back into his own outfit and put Jack’s back into its case. Billy would definitely kill him if he did. He would just make something up, until Billy decided to tell their parents. Colin sighed and went to the door. “You can come in now, mom and dad.”
“What’s going on?”
“You see, mom, I told Bi…” Colin was about to tell on his own brother, oops, “I told someone that I just loved dressing up in costumes. They got them for me.”
“Who?”
“I can’t say. I was sworn to secrecy. Only they can tell you. It’s a good thing I have them, through. I’m going to take several of these. Just in case.” Colin said, then thinking, to himself, ‘I even have a male nurse costume. This will be my second choice. If that doesn’t work, I’ll dress up as a sergeant or even a general. Now, that would work.’
“Okay. As long as you know what you’re doing.”
“I do.”
“Then you have my blessing. Go and get you’re brother.” His dad said.
“Yes, Sir.” Colin said, going to his bed to continue packing.
“Oh, and Colin?”
“Yes, Dad?”
“Tell Billy we said hi and that we love him.” His mom said, “Oh, and remember to turn your phone onto vibrate.”
“I will.”
They left the room, and Colin got out more of his costumes. Just in case. Not only that, but then Billy could use them later on. Unless, he was actually safe in there. Colin knew one thing, through; he would stay at the hospital with his brother until he was ready to come home. No way would he leave before then. If they made him leave, he would just take his brother with him. He smiled at that. He would just keep dressing up as different people.
Colin now had everything packed and ready to go. He left the room with three suitcases packed. He also had his two cell phones. Billy had taken him to a Verizon store and got this cell phone in case of an emergency. Billy’s entire crew actually had one too. Every one of them was on this contact. It only cost them all 5 dollars every month, or 60 dollars each year, to have this phone. The only thing they could do on this phone was call and text each other and 911. Colin liked it, because then he didn’t have to have their numbers in his personal phone.
He took out the cell that Billy had given him, making sure to keep his personal phone out of sight. He then called Billy’s pilot.
“Hello?”
“Hey! It’s Colin.”
“Hey, Colin! What can I do for you?”
“Any chance that you can have the plane ready before long?”
“Yes. It will be ready. I’m actually in the cockpit, already.”
“Good. I’ll let you know what’s going on when I get there. Just make sure you–know–who isn’t around when I get there.”
“Yes, Mr. Gilman. I will.”
“Thank you.”
Colin was in the hallway about to his parents when he shut the phone and hid it where his parents would never see it. He hated hiding anything from his parents, but as with everything else, he was sworn to secrecy. He would say his good–byes in here. That way, his parents wouldn’t see how he left.
“I’ll call you when the plane lands.”
“Using Billy’s plane?”
“Of course. I got his okay on the phone.”
“Okay, just let us know.”
“I will. I love you.” Colin said, and then saw that they were getting up. “Oh, you can stay seated I know the way out.”
“Okay.”
“Oh, and no one will see me leave. I can’t say how, because I’ve swore that I won’t, but just make sure everyone thinks that I’m still here and sick or something.
Colin went to the garage and then went through a hidden door that Billy had installed when their parents were gone for a couple weeks. He went down the hole and then shut the hidden door. He got into a small elevator, pushed a button, and it went to the airport. He got out and pushed a button, and off the elevator went. He’d sent it back home. Billy had been so smart when he put this system in. They could go to friend’s houses and the airport without leaving the house and seeing the paparazzi. This was so fun.
He went through the trap door, which was in the office of Billy’s pilot, who was waiting.
“Your parents?”
“Still don’t know.”
“Good.”
“I know. Where’s the plane?”
“Still in here. I’ve changed the number and everything. It’s in the name of the first person you’ll use.”
“Good. Therefore, when I go back to the plane I’ll have to dress as Jack. Unless I’m caught, then you leave immediately. Until I can tell you who I am going to be.”
“Yep, cause when we’re in Washington D.C. I won’t have a private hanger.”
“Okay. Let’s go.”
They went to the plane and were soon in the air. When they were, Colin got up and went to his brother’s pilot. He gave him the plan. Colin knew out of everybody, who worked for Billy, the pilot was one of the most trusted.
“…so that’s what is going to happen.” Colin finished.
“You’ll try to go in as Jack and if they won’t allow you too, you’ll go in as a what?”
“A sergeant or captain, I haven’t decided. I was going to go in as a male nurse, but I don’t think that would get me very far.”
“I don’t think so either. What would your name be?”
“My ID says that I be Michael. Michael Cornwell.”
“Amazing. Okay, we’re about there, Colin. You might want to get changed. I had Mike get on so he’s here to help and to be Jack’s assistant. He’ll be Michael’s, too.”
“Good. That’s what I need. If I need to leave, he’ll be there. You know what? I think I’ll just be Michael. I think it’d just be better all the way around. He might be moved if I tried to get in as Jack.”
“I think you’re right. We don’t want Billy to be scared or anything.”
“I know. He already doesn’t trust anyone. I’m going to go get ready.”
“Okay. Oh, and Col?”
“Yeah?”
“I’ll need to change to, so when you’re done, come back here.”
“I will.” Colin said, no one knew it, but Billy and him had both learned to fly and land the plane. They had to, so that Billy’s pilot could change quickly into a costume. Colin hurried out to change into Michael. He was soon on his way back to the cockpit. He went and took a seat in the co–pilot’s chair. The captain got up and quickly changed into the outfit that Colin had brought out for him.
“What about the plane?”
“Easy. We’re borrowing it from Jack. I’ve hidden Jack’s ID and clothes.”
“Okay. You had better head back to the seats, Mr. Cornwell. Thanks for co–piloting.”
“Anytime, bud, anytime.” Colin said, before going to his seat and buckling himself in. Before long, the plane landed and Colin was soon getting off. His assistant was carrying his luggage. Someone headed over.
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Chapter 9: Finally!
“Mr. Cornwell. How may I help you?”
“I’m on my way to see Mr. Gilman. He called me and asked me to come see him immediately. What’s the best way to get there?”
“This way, Sir.”
Colin followed the person after making sure he was the real deal. As you might say. They went to the hospital, and Colin was soon in Billy’s room.
“May I be left alone with Billy, please?” He asked, and as he was above everyone there, he was left in the room alone. He looked as his brother, who looked like he’d been hit by a bomb.
“Hello, Mr. Gilman. You called me earlier.” Colin said, before whispering, “We love to play video games together.”
“Yes, I did.” Billy said, “Are we alone?”
“Yes.” Colin said to his brother, moving to the head of the bed, “Mike is here, too. He’s playing my assistant.”
“Awesome. How are mom and dad?”
“Okay. Worried about you.” Colin said.
“Are you going to stay here?”
“Yes, and if I’m not in here, Mike will be. I told them that we are to be with you 24/7.”
“Thank you. I don’t trust them. Especially that guy that says he’s you.”
“I saw him. He doesn’t look, or sound, like me.”
“I know. That’s why I called you on the phone I got for you and the rest of my crew. I didn’t think I could trust to call your personal phone.”
“I don’t blame you. I saw your nurse. She’s absolutely stunning.”
“I know.”
“How?”
“Long story. I’ll show you. Come here.” Colin leaned over, and Billy said, “Talk.”
“Okay? What are you doing?” Colin asked as his brother reached over and put his hands on his face.”
“Showing you how I ‘see’ people.”
“That is so cool.”
“I know.” Billy said, and when he was satisfied that it was his brother, he set back, and asked, “How did you get here? Was it easy?”
“No. Mom and dad wanted to know how in the world I would get to you. Don’t worry,” Colin said, reading his brother’s face, “They don’t know anything.”
“Good.”
“I used the elevator and went to the airport, but not before calling your pilot to let him know I was coming. Good thing you got all of us those cell phones. Anyway, I sent the elevator back home. Mom and dad are probably wondering how I got to the airport, I told them to tell everyone I was sick in bed.”
“They probably are. You did exactly what I asked. But I should’ve told them about this a long time ago.”
“Yes, I agree, but I understand why you didn’t.” Colin told his older brother.
Billy smiled for the first time since he had heard about being blind. He sighed and said, “I’m glad of one thing through.”
“What’s that?”
“I’m glad the two of us got to play the Wii together before this happened.”
“Me too.” Colin said, and then both fell into companionable silence.
“What should we do,” Billy asked, after a few minutes of silence, “About what’s going on?”
“I think everyone is safe except that guard.”
“Okay, but keep a careful watch on everyone of them. What about my nurse?”
“Isabella? Completely harmless. I called the guy that does all the background checking she is completely trustworthy, as far as he could tell. He’s supposed to be e-mailing me what he found. I’ve got my laptop right here.”
“Good.”
“Here she comes.”
“Thanks for letting me know, Colin.”
“Your welcome, Mr. Gilman.” Colin said, falling back into his role.
The door opened, and in walked Isabella.
“Hello, Billy. How are you?”
“I’m doing wonderful, Isabella. You know that Michael or his assistant will stay in here all the time, am I right?”
“Yes, Billy, you are.”
“Good. Can I ask you a couple questions?” Billy asked, knowing his brother would watch her face to see if she was being truthful.
“Sure.”
“Are you a fan of mine?”
“Yes.”
“You won’t take any pictures of me to sell to someone, right?”
“I promise you I won’t, Billy, I know how much you need your privacy.”
“Thank you.”
“You might want to be more careful, Billy.”
“What do you mean?”
“I know that’s your brother over there. Don’t let them find out he’s here. It won’t be good.”
“What would happen?”
“I don’t know, but I don’t trust those guards. I think if they knew Colin was here, you’d be moved straight away.”
“Why do you think he came in a disguise?”
“True. I just thought you should know.”
“Thank you, Isabella.”
“You’re welcome, Billy.” Isabella said before standing up and asking, “Anything else, Billy?”
“Yes, one other thing. Listen and find out exactly what it is those guards are here for. If you can, ask someone, but be very discreet when you ask.”
“Discreet?” she asked, thinking she knew what he meant, but she wasn’t sure.
“Yeah, like be tactful, or cautious, even careful.”
“OH! That! Yeah, I can do that.”
“Thank you. I’d have Colin do it, but they might become suspicious. You know?”
“Yeah, I can do that, Mr. Gilman. I have to be reporting to my boss, and I’ll ask him then.”
“Okay, and Isabella?”
“Yes, sir?”
“Keep all this to yourself. I plan on paying you for your services.”
“No, Mr. Gilman, you don’t have to.”
“Isabella, if you do that for me, and other stuff, if I ask you too, then, yes, I will have to pay you. Colin?” Billy said, he felt like he should be dead or something.
“Yes, Billy?”
“What’s the expression on her face?”
“If you could die from that look, you would have been dead about 20 seconds ago.”
“Really?”
“Yep.”
Billy acted as if he’d died, and then sat back up. The three of them started laughing, and Isabella, while still laughing, said, “I’ll see what I can do. I’ll be back later, anyhow. I have to check up on your vitals and everything.”
“Thank you.”
“No problem. Oh, and Billy, I don’t want any money. You have done so much for me in the past. I can’t believe you even want to pay me. Just get better, Mr. Gilman, that’s all the fans and I ask for.” She said, before walking out and quietly shutting the door.
“If you say so, Isabella.”
“She went out the door, Billy.”
“Oh, okay. I have to learn to listen better. I hope I can still sing…”
“I think you’ll be able to, you just won’t be able to run around like you’re used to doing.”
“Of course. You’re right, Michael, You’re absolutely right.” Billy said, using his brother’s fake name, so that he would become more used to it and then snapping his fingers, he said, “Do I look like myself?”
“Yes,” Colin said, telling his brother the truth, “Why?”
“When Isabella comes back in, we should have her help us with a video for my MySpace, and my YouTube.”
“Good idea.”
“Here’s what we’ll do…”
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:32 am

Please post more! Smile
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Sorry about the delay! Y'all are just lucky to have it! My portable disk that I have EVERY story and other important documents on broke last night. Lucky for me, I have a website that I keep my stories on...so I still have them. I gave you 2 chapters. Smile

Chapter 10: The truth
~*~Isabella~*~
Isabella walked out of Billy’s hospital room and went towards her boss’s office. She had to find out why those people were guarding Billy. She didn’t trust them at all, at least where Billy was concerned, and apparently neither did Billy. Especially since his brother was dressed up as a, was he a sergeant or a general? She’d have to ask next time she saw them if they were alone. She didn’t blame him. At least she could help them out.
She also hoped that she’d be the only one they would trust; no one else could probably be trusted. She would have to go about her questioning carefully, and lie to her boss if need be, and no matter what, she would leave with Billy. She didn’t care if she got an honorable discharge or not. At least she knew that she could always help out Billy in some way.
She arrived at her boss’s office, took a deep breath, calmed her nerves down and knocked.
“Come in.” said her boss.
Isabella walked in, and said, “I’m here to update you on Mr. Gilman, Sir.”
“How is he?”
“He’s doing really well. Mr. Cornwell is going to spend the night tonight.”
“Try and get rid of him, will you?”
“May I ask why?” she asked, tentatively.
“Can you keep a secret, Miss Harrison?”
“Yes, sir, I can.”
“Good.” Her boss said. He then went on to tell her why they wanted Mr. Cornwell gone, and why they had guards outside of the room, Billy was staying in. Isabella then knew that they couldn’t trust anyone in the hospital at all. She was glad that Colin was in a costume.
As soon as her boss had dismissed her, she made her other rounds, and then went to check on Billy again. The best thing about all this was that she’d recorded her talk with her boss, and therefore, she wouldn’t forget a thing, and Billy himself would know what was said, and not learning it second hand.
She walked into Billy’s room, after knocking, and then shut the door. She quietly handed the recording device to Colin, who said, “Thanks, Isabella. You did get the information Billy and I wanted then?”
“Yes, and if I were you, I wouldn’t trust anyone here. I think they just want some publicity here.”
“That’s what Billy and I were thinking.”
“We might want to get him moved soon.” Isabella told them, “Listen to the audio, and then you’ll know. It’s not pretty. You might not want to leave Billy alone, even for a second.”
“That bad?”
“That bad. He’s to be moved the first time you or your assistant leave him alone.”
“Thank you, Isabella,” both said together.
“You’re welcome, now, Billy, let me check you over, so that I can say I did something.”
“Was that nerve raking?” Billy asked, as she checked him over.
“You have no idea, Billy.” Isabella said, “I’ve become so used to calling you Billy, that I almost did while I was talking to my boss, but I didn’t.”
“Good.”
“You know how I got through all that?”
“How?”
“I thought of all of your songs and thought of some of the lyrics for them. I actually don’t know how much I caught of that, but I know that I put everything in the correct spots when needed.”
“That’s good. When I do leave here, are you coming, or staying?”
“If I come, will I have a job?”
“Yes. You’ll be my nurse.”
“Good. I’m glad.”
“And I’ll make sure you have an honorable discharge.”
“Thank you, Billy.”
“No problem, Isabella.” Billy told her, “It’s the least I could do for you helping me out.”
“Don’t mention it.”
“I won’t.”
“Good, now I better go. I don’t want to get into trouble.”
“That’s cool.” Billy said, “And Isabella?”
“Yes, Billy?”
“I know you might want to leave after work, but will you come back in here?”
“Yes. I will be here, as long as Colin is going to be here?”
“My assistant won’t be here until tomorrow night, when I can finally take a little break and walk around. He won’t be here very long through, because Billy and I have decided not to be apart to long, in case they try to do something.”
“Good idea.”
“He’ll be gone long enough to stretch his legs and get some stuff for the two of us to eat instead of the crappy food here.”
“I don’t blame you there. I normally leave to eat at a fast food place for lunch.”
“Good idea.” Billy said, “So are you my nurse and a spy for me?”
“Yes.”
“Good. So I got to you before they did?”
“Yes.”
“Good.” Billy said.
“I better go. I’ll see you later.” Isabella went to the door, opened it, went through it, and then quietly shut the door, and went off to do her chores. She couldn’t wait to get out of this place. It definitely had turned out to be what she’d hoped. At least she had another job lined up when she left. And with her favorite singer at that.
She decided that night she would go home and pack up everything she’d possibly need during her stay with Billy and his band or whoever they would stay with. In that way, she could be ready at a moment’s notice. She’d packed everything she’d need to teach Billy everything he’d need to know. She figured that if he got above the material she had, she would just buy whatever they needed.
She finished her shift before she knew it, and she was soon on her way to Billy’s room. The only problem was that the guards wouldn’t let her pass.
“Mr. Cornwell told me to come after my shift.”
“I’m sorry, ma’am, but we aren’t allowed to let you go in.”
“HEY! MICHAEL!”
The door to Billy’s room was opened, and Colin, I mean Michael, stuck his head out the door, and said, “What’s the matter out here?”
“They won’t let me in, Mr. Cornwell. You said to come here when I was done with my shift, sir.”
“So I did. Let her come in, guys.”
“Yes, General Cornwell.” Both men said.
Isabella went inside and sat down in her normal chair, as Colin stayed in the hallway to talk to the guards. “You will listen to what I say, and do it, do you understand?”
“Yes, sir.” Both of them said.
“I can’t hear you.”
“YES, SIR!”
“That’s better.” Colin said, “You are to let Miss Isabella Harrison into this room whenever she wants to come in, no matter if I’m here or not, do we have an understanding?”
“YES, SIR!”
“Don’t let this happen again.” Colin said, before going into the room to shut the door and locking it. He then sat down on the chair that he normally sits in.
“Great job, Colin,” Billy told his brother, “I would do the same thing, if I could.”
“I know. Now, are you going to tell Isabella the plan?”
“Yes.” Billy said, “Isabella, Colin and I were talking earlier and we think that we should post a video on YouTube, but we’d like your help.”
“What can I do?” Isabella asked.
They worked out what was going to happen, and then went ahead and taped it how they wanted it.
~*~The Finished YouTube Video~*~
Billy was looking at the video camera, and started talking, “Hello everyone. Yes, this is Billy Gilman. I thought maybe I should let you know how I’m doing. I’m doing…”
‘Knock, Knock.’
“Isabella? Is that you?”
“It’s me.”
“Then please come in.”
A woman walked into view, and asked, “It’s time for your check-up, Billy. How are you doing?”
“I’m fine. Still sore, but fine.”
“Awesome, I’ll check your pulse, first.”
Billy handed her his left arm, in which she checked his pulse. “Sounds good to me, Billy. Let’s check your heart.”
She did all the normal check-up stuff, and then asked, “Are your eyes still the same?”
“Yes, I am still blind as a bat, but I’m glad that I’m here. That bomb could’ve killed me.”
“You are very lucky to be here, Billy.”
“Not lucky, fortunate. There’s a reason I’m here, and I plan to do whatever it is I’m still here for.”
“Yeah, that’s a good idea.” Isabella said, “Will you sing a song for me?”
“Which one?”
“I don’t care.”
“How about I’ve changed? I think that’d be perfect at the moment, since I have changed?”
“Yeah, I think you’re right.”
Someone snapped their fingers and Billy looked back towards the camera and started sing a copula.

“I hate to think about what we said the last time we talked
I remember that you just cried and I just walked
I could say that I’m sorry about a thousand ways
I wouldn’t blame you for not givin’ me the time of day
And even through you probably won’t believe it
Just look into my eyes so that you can see that
I’ve changed
I’ve learned a lot from lonely days and nights
Thinkin’ bout you baby
Forgive me or don’t, you probably won’t,
But girl I’ve gotta let you know that I’ve changed
Yeah, yeah, I’ve changed
What I wouldn’t do to make it all up to you
I know your thinking it’s all a line,
But it’s all true
I broke your heart and I know I won’t forget it
Just give me one more night and you won’t regret it
I’ve changed
Thinkin’ bout you baby
Yeah, yeah, I’ve changed
I was that guy
That made you cry
That was back then
But I swear that’s not who I am
I’ve changed
Thinkin’ bout you baby
I don’t want to live without you
Just one more chance to love everything about you
Yeah I’ve changed
Please believe me I’ve changed
Oh, girl I’ve changed”

“Amazing, absolutely amazing.” Isabella asked, “And wasn’t that the first time you’ve sung since you woke up?”
“Yes, it is.”
“I wouldn’t have known…that was just so incredible.”
Billy smiled and said, “Thanks. Anything else?”
“I don’t think so, I’ll see you later.”
“Okay, bye, Isabella.”
The door was opened and then shut. Someone snapped again.
“Sorry about that, everyone. I have to have my check-ups at some point. As for the snapping you’ve been hearing, my video person is just doing that so I can find the video camera a lot easier. I’ll talk to you all later, this has been an update from Billy Gilman. Stay tuned for more updates in the future, and if possible, please post a video with you talking, and in this way, I can hear them myself and don’t have to have anyone read them out to me. I haven’t learned how to use a computer yet. Bye!”
~*~Billy~*~
“That was great. Before you post it, do we have everything ready to go, just in case?”
“Yes.” Colin said.
“Isabella?”
“I’ve got everything packed and ready, but still in my apartment.”
“Colin?”
“Yes?”
“Send your assistant with Isabella and have them take her stuff directly to the plane. We gotta make sure everything is set before we post that video.”
“True, True.”
“We don’t want to have to leave, and find out we left something here. Especially something that could clue them in on where we were. Is everything packed and ready to go?”
“Yeah, but how are we to sneak it out of here?”
“We’ll just tell them that I don’t need any of that stuff anymore. We can just tell people that Isabella is the only nurse allowed in here. We then know that we’re safe until we post that video. All four of us need to be here until we leave after we post that video. I don’t trust anyone here. I should be fully dressed when we post that video. We have to be ready for anything.”
“You’re right, Billy.” Colin replied.
“Where’s my wheelchair? I need to know so I can get to it.”
“I’ll show you around the room, Billy.” Isabella said, “And in that way, you know where everything is.”
“Good idea. Let’s do it.”
Billy soon knew the whole room, and even knew the bathroom when he got into bed again. “Now I feel confident that we could pull this off. Call in your assistant and let’s get the show on the road. I want to get home.”
“Me too.” Colin said, texting his assistant.
“Am I going?”
“Of course! I have to have a teacher. Besides you are in the video. They will pick up on that, I think.”
Soon, Mike was in the room. Colin filled him in on what was going on, and Billy telling him what needed to be done, and before long, Mike and Isabella were gone.
“I’m ready to get home. I want to know that I’m safe.”
“I know, Billy, I want the same thing.”
“Promise me something, Colin.”
“What’s that?”
“Please promise me that you won’t leave my side until we’re home.”
“I promise.”
“Thank you. I can’t wait to hear mom’s voice. That’ll be so nice.”
“I know. It’s been a long time.”
“When did I leave the house to go into Iraq?”
“I’m not sure, Billy, I’d guess about 7 or 8 months ago, if not longer.”
“That was the last time I really heard mom’s voice. I’d love to hear her, and be hugged by her.”
“I know that’s what I would want to. At least I wasn’t drafted.”
“I know. I don’t know how we would’ve done this.” Billy said, “Now, if you don’t mind, I think I’m going to go to sleep for awhile. I would like to have some rest before we do anything else.”
“Okay, and I’ll get on the web and find out what everyone thinks is going on with you.”
“Do not post or do anything on there until I say so.”
“I won’t.”
Billy fell into an uneasy sleep.

Chapter 11: Escape!
~*~2 and a half hours later~*~
Billy woke up when he heard Isabella and Mike enter the room. “What took you so long?”
“Complications. We have to go. Now.”
Billy knew that Mike was telling the truth, and was out of bed as fast as he could go and saying, “Isabella, turn around, Colin, help, Mike, post that video.”
Before 30 seconds had passed, Billy was completely dressed and in his wheelchair, and the video was posted. “Everything out of here?”
“Yes, hold the laptop and your clothes. Let’s go.” Colin said, putting the things into Billy’s lap. Billy held onto them in a death grip. The next thing he knew he was being pushed as fast as his brother could push, and then he was being slowed down, and then moving forward.
“Stand up real fast, Billy, I need to turn the wheelchair around, we’ll help you get into it right.”
Billy stood up and was helped forward and then was gently moved forward as fast as possible to sit in the seat again, with just moments to spare. When the elevator stopped, Billy was moved forward as fast as possible.
“Cars just up here. Get ready to move again, Billy.”
“I’m ready just help me.
Billy was put safely into the car, and off they went to the airport. “Are we being followed?”
“Yes. We’re going straight to the plane. Get ready to go. I think that Mike’s going to carry you into the plane. Everything is there already. I’m going to take your clothes and laptop when we get there. Are you ready?”
“Yes, I trust all of you. Just get me into that airplane. From there, well, you know what to do.”
“Home?”
“That and we’ll need to put a blindfold over Isabella’s eyes before we leave the plane when we get back to our bunker. Mom and dad don’t even know yet. I plan on telling them about it soon.”
“I would too. We’re almost there, get ready.”
“I’m going to pick you up now, Billy.” Mike said, “It’ll be faster.”
“I trust you, Mike.”
Billy felt hands as he was picked up. He put his arm around Mike, and they were soon out of the car and running towards the plane. When they got on, Billy heard his captain, say, “Ready for take-off. I’ll move away from the stairs, I’ve already got clearance. All set?”
“ALL SET!” Billy yelled to the captain. He was strapped in already. He heard the others sit down next to him and buckle their seatbelts, “Sorry guys.”
“Its okay, Billy.”
The plane gathered speed and before long, they were in the air. “You can take your seatbelts off now.”
Billy, who knew his plane as well as his house, got up and started towards the cock-pit. On the way, he heard Colin say, “He knows this plane as much or more than he knows his own house. He’ll be fine, Isabella. Besides, he probably wants to talk to his pilot by himself.”
Billy smiled as he left the room, he did indeed want to talk to his pilot alone. He got to the cock-pit and said, “Hey, Boss.” (Billy liked to call him this.)
“BILLY! How are you?”
“I’m fine. You?”
“I’m great.”
“Did anyone follow me?”
“No.”
“Good. Colin stopped her.”
“Your nurse?”
“Yes. There are things we aren’t telling her. How are we to know she’s telling the truth? I haven’t been able to see her face, of course. Is everything set at home?”
“Yes. Brad will meet us in my office, and we’ll go from there to your parent’s house. You’ll have to tell your parents tonight.”
“Why?”
“We’re having a party.”
“WHAT?” Billy yelled, “I thought that we had agreed…”
“Hi, Isabella.”
“Is everything alright?”
“I tried to stop her, Billy.”
“Its okay, Col, I understand. I’m fine, Isabella. Please just stay out there, no matter what. I’ll be back there in about 15-20 minutes.”
“Yes, sir.”
“Colin, please follow her.” Billy heard them leave, but still asked, “Are they gone?”
“Yes, sir, they are gone.”
“WHAT!” Billy said, repeating himself from earlier, “I thought that we had agreed on not sharing that information until I’m ready.”
“Will you ever be ready?”
“I don’t know.”
“Colin and I will be there if you need us.”
“I know, but mom and dad…”
“Are going to be just fine about it, Billy. They’ll be glad to know, especially after all this, that their son can still visit friends, and they can visit him. They’ll know you’re safe.”
“You think?”
“No, Billy, I know.”
“Hmmm…I never thought about it that way. I just hope they take it well. How would you take it?”
“Well, I’d first want to know if any of my money was spent.”
“Which in this case, MY money was spent doing this. Well, in truth, the band paid for it, and when I turned 18, I paid them back for it.”
“That you did. So none of your parents’ money was used. Just yours. Correct?”
“Correct.”
“Good. The next thing I’d want to know is when this was done.”
“Mom and dad were gone for a couple weeks.”
“Good, good, let’s see…I think those are maybe the main ones they really ask. I can’t think of any others. We’re almost home, Gilman, you better get back to your seat.”
“How close?”
`”About 10-15 minutes.”
“Enough time that I could go use the restroom?”
“Yes.”
“YO! COLIN!”
Colin came walking in, and asked, “Yes?”
“Can you help me to the bathroom? I would go by myself, but the plane will be landing in 10-15 minutes.”
“Okay, I will help you.”
They went towards the bathroom, and when they got there, Billy told Colin what had went on in the cock-pit. When he was finished he asked, “What do you think?”
“I think I’ll be there when you tell them.”
“What about Mike and Isabella?”
“We’ll have them somewhere where Isabella can’t come running. She can’t interfere with this.”
“You’re right. She can’t.” Billy said, washing his hands, “We better get to our seats.”
“Yes.”
“Don’t forget to put a handkerchief over her eyes. We don’t want her to know where she’s going, and how she got there.”
“Right.”
They reached their seats and heard, “Prepare for landing. Seat belts on.”
The landing was very smooth, and when the plane started slowing down, Billy said, “Handkerchief, Colin.”
“Okay, Billy,” Colin said, “It’s on, now.”
“Okay, thank you.”
“No problem.” Billy led them to the stairs, and stepped back, “Mike, led her down the stairs. I need to talk to my brother real fast.”
“Okay.”
“Let me know when their out of hearing range, Col.”
“I’ll do that, Billy.” Colin said, waiting until they were out of hearing range, and then said, “What is it?”
“When we get home, have Mike take her directly outside…no, that won’t work, have him take her to the house that we’re having the party at. I want my reunion with mom and dad to be private. We’ll go to the party house first, and then go to the house.”
“I think that’s a prefect idea. I’ll write it down so I can just hand it to the others, and know that Isabella won’t hear us.”
“Good idea and then burn the paper when he’s done reading it.” Billy said, hearing Colin writing it all down. “Thanks, bro.”
“No problem. I can understand your need for privacy. I know how that is.”
“What do you mean?”
Billy heard his brother sigh, before he said, “When you left, mom, dad, and I were dogged like never before. None of us could even be in the yard for 2 seconds before they would start asking us questions none of us had answers for.”
“Wow, I had no idea. My fame is that bad?”
“Well, I don’t know about that. I think everyone was just wondering if we’d heard from you.”
“Oh, I see.” Billy said, not knowing that his pilot had silently walked up, and was quietly waiting, “I wonder where the captain is?”
“Behind you, Billy.” The captain said, and then regretted speaking when Billy jumped, “I’m sorry.”
“It’s okay, Boss, Let’s go. Col, I’ll need help. I hate these stairs anyway.”
“So do I.” the other two said. They helped Billy get down the stairs.
“How much did you hear of that conversation, Boss?”
“Truthfully, Billy, I heard all of it.”
“Good. I don’t have to have Colin hand you the note.”
“No, and we’re almost to them.”
“Thank you.” Billy said, “Hi Mike, Hi Isabella.”
“Hi.”
“GITH.” (Give it to him.)
“I did.”
“Thank you.” Billy said, “So?”
“That’s fine. I like it.”
“Good. Now, Isabella, don’t be scared okay?”
“Okay.”
“Mike, you know what to do.”
Mike picked up Isabella and went down the stairs. He then put her into the elevator. “All right, Billy.”
“Lead me to the opening I can do the rest.” Colin led Billy to the opening, and then watched his brother get down, and then waited for the captain to go down, and while he was going down, Colin made sure that everything was safe, and then went down, before locking the door.
Everyone was waiting on him. He got in, and Billy said, “You know exactly what to do. Do it.”
Mike had the elevator move into the right tunnel, and then he stopped it. Colin pushed a button and the tracks disappeared and walls came down to block the escape routes. Colin blocked his last. Every tunnel exit had this.
“It’s done.”
“Go.”
The next thing Isabella knew, she was going at a high-speed towards something, where she didn’t know. She knew they were keeping something from her, but she knew that if they wanted to let her know, they would. Next thing she knew, the thing was stopping, and Billy said, “Mike, you know exactly what to do, and Isabella, my pilot, Colin and I will see, or in my case, hear you in a little bit.”
“Okay?”
“I will be explaining to you at some point, when I can, what just happen, so you’ll hear it when I want you to. Okay?”
“Okay.”
Mike and Isabella exited the elevator, after Colin had done his part, and when they were up and out of sight, Colin shut the gates and waited for Billy’s okay to go.
“Go about half way and then stop.”
Colin did as his brother said. When he was half-way, he stopped and then said, “Billy, we’re half-way.”
“Thanks Colin.” Billy said, “I think I’ll tell them right away, but how about the boss goes in first, and somehow gets them into the recording studio. That whole thing is sound proof. That’d be a good place to see mom and dad at first, and then Colin and I will head down there.”
“It’s a plan.”
“Then go on, Col, I don’t even know why you stopped.”
Colin chuckled and then started the elevator up again. It went to the Gilman’s house, when it got to the wall, it stopped, and Colin moved forward. He checked the security camera and then said, “It’s clear, Billy.”
“You know what to do, Boss.”
Billy’s pilot went on up and took Billy’s parents to the recording studio. They had a security camera in there, too, so Colin knew exactly when they arrived there.
“They’re in there.” Colin told his brother.
“Lead me to them. I’m so nervous; I know I’ll bump into something.”
“Okay.” Colin said. He helped his brother up, put the walls down, after putting the elevator into a path to hide it. He then went up to his brother, and led him to their parents. “Here we go.” Colin said, not realizing he still had on his Michael disguise.

Last edited by Billyfan2006 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the bold to the chapter # and title.)
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Here's More! Smile

When they got there, Colin stopped them and they waited to see what was going on.
“What’s going on, Jim?” They heard their mom say.
“I can’t say, just please put these on. It’s a surprise.”
“If you say so.”
“You’ll love the surprise, Fran.” Jim, Billy’s pilot, said, “Are they on…Good. The surprise should be coming, I would think, anytime.”
Colin carefully opened the door, soundlessly, and then put Billy directly in front of their parents, and then he looked at Jim, who indicated his clothing. Colin looked down and saw his outfit, He looked at Jim and lipped, “Thank you. Tell them there’s been a minor delay.”
Jim shook his head, and said, “There’s been a little delay. I’m going to put some music on so we can listen while we wait. I hope listening to your son is okay.” He added in his head, ‘Yeah, I’ll play some music, alright, to block my whispering to Billy, and block the noise of Colin quickly changing to himself.’ He put Billy’s music on, and then went over to Billy, and whispered, “Your brother is changing. He still looks like Michael.”
Billy silently laughed and lipped, “That’s not good. Tell him to change quickly. I want this over with.”
“I know. He’s hurrying as fast as he can. I’m just glad that I saw that.”
“Yeah, good watching out for us.” Billy said, and then he felt Jim pat his shoulder and move away.
“Okay, it’s time. I think everything is set and ready, right?” Billy gave him the okay sign, and then Jim went on and said, “Everything is set and ready, so on the count of 3, take those things off. 1, 2, 3, GO!”
Billy knew his mom had seen him, and knew it when she screamed, “BILLY!” and came over to him, he opened his arms, and was glad to finally be in his mother’s arms again. He may have been 21, but with coming home in the condition he was in, he just needed his mother’s arms to hold him.
“My baby, my precious, precious baby.” Fran said, and kept repeating that. She could tell that Billy just wanted to be held now. No words were said between the two of them, Fran just held her son. Billy held on as if he never wanted to let go again. Before long, Billy felt his father’s arms go around him. All three of them were crying. All were glad for this homecoming.
The three just held each other for a long time. No one had any idea how long. When they did stop, Billy was the one to break it. The music had long since been turned off.
“Mom, dad, before you say anything I have to say something.” Billy told them. Colin, knowing what he was going to say, went over to his brother, and put his arm around him, “Thanks, Col.”
“No problem, big brother, I’m here for you.”
Billy looked down, where he thought the floor was, and said, “When I was 16 and you guys went to England for those 2 months, I hired a company to put in a few underground tunnels. We can go to the airport, grandma and grandpa’s house, a few of the bands, and Angela’s house. I know I should have told you this before, but I could never bring myself to tell you. I’m sorry.”
“Billy,” his dad said, “Thanks for telling us, but we already knew.”
“How?”
“We have our ways. We’ll explain some time. But I think that we should thank you for finally coming clean with us.”
“How long have you known?”
“Since we got home from that trip. You always did forget to cover your tracks.”
“I knew I was always forgetting something. That was it.”
“Now, Billy, how are you?”
Billy smiled, and said, “We may want to sit down. This will take awhile.” Billy told them everything that had happened since he had woken in the hospital.
~*~Isabella~*~
Isabella and Mike left the elevator. Mike took her to the place Billy had asked him to take her. She was to wear the handkerchief until Billy got there. Not before then was she to take it off.
~*~Billy~*~
Billy finished his story, and then waited for one of his parents to speak.
“Wow.” Came from his dad, “I’m glad that you’re okay, son. The only thing I don’t get is how you figured out how it wasn’t Colin.”
“Easy. We’ve got it set up so that I ask him a question, or him me, and the other has to answer the right thing. The questions have answers to them that only the two of us know. We talk about everything, so we can ask a personal question. The questions are set up in a way that only the two of us are aware of the real answer.”
“And of course,” Colin added, “The questions have been set up in advance.”
“That is so cool.”
“Yes it is.” Billy said, “Now, Boss, Col, I think it’s time to head to the party. I’ll lead the way, you guys follow. I was nervous before, but now I know I can find my way out of here.”
The others smiled, and let Billy lead the way. All were ready at a seconds notice to grab him if he was about to run into something.
He led them to the garage and said, “Col, I need your help here. Open the passage.” Billy heard his parents gasp as they finally learned where the actual hole was. He smiled, and then climbed down the hole. He waited until they were all down. Then he found and pushed a button. All the walls, that could open did. Billy pushed another button and the elevator came to them. “Everyone in.” They got into it, and Billy said, “Colin, push the button. I can’t remember where that button actually is.”
Colin pushed the button and they zoomed towards their next direction.
“This is so neat, Billy. Now I understand much better how Colin could get away.” Fran said, “And by the way…I know about the costumes.”
“COLIN! You weren’t supposed to say a word.”
“I didn’t.”
“Then how?”
“Same thing about the tunnel and all that, Billy, you’re not at all good at covering your tracks. You need to be better at hiding things.”
Billy laughed, and said, “I don’t know where to even start…”
No one answered him and when they started slowing down, he smiled and said, “I’m not very comfortable going by myself here, Col, you’ll have to help me.”
Fran and Bill looked at their youngest son, silently asking him what was going on. Colin silently told them he’d text message them later. They shook their heads yes. Billy knew that something was going on around him, he’d learned a lot in the listening category in the last few days, and knew that something was going on.
He knew the way out of the elevator. He went up the stairs unlocked it, and then waited for his brother to come up there to help him. He was nervous again. What was his band and crew going to do when he entered the room? Would they all do as they normally did? Or would he just be treated like he was blind? He hoped that it was the first one. He kept his thoughts to himself, not wanting anyone to go talk to the crew.
He didn’t want anyone to treat him differently, unless he, himself, asked for help. If he needed help, he would ask for it. He wanted his brother to stay with him until he at least got a dog. He knew that he would get a dog, but even then, he would probably have his brother by his side a lot, or his parents, but most likely his brother.
In his business, he couldn’t trust very many people, anyway, but now with being in his condition, he didn’t know whom he could really trust. He would just have to start reading the emotion in everyone’s voices.
“Is Boss up here, yet?”
“Right here, Billy.”
“Text or go to Mike. Let him know I’m here, but that I want to have a few minutes with the band and crew.”
“I’ll text him.”
“Thank you.”
“No problem, Mr. Gilman.”
They went and when they were almost to the entrance of where the band was Colin stopped Billy, as Bill went in to talk to the band and crew.
“Why are we stopping?” Billy asked.
“We’ll tell you later, Billy. Just hold on.”
“Okay.”
~*~Bill~*~
Bill went into where the band and crew were stationed. He knew that his son just wanted to be treated like he was before it happened. His son didn’t know it, but his emotions had been heard through his voice, seen on his face, and most of all, through his eyes. As soon as the band and crew saw him, they grew quiet.
“As many of you know, Billy had an unfortunate accident in Iraq. He is blind, as we heard from his sergeant. He is actually here in this house. He has no idea I’m actually speaking to you. Please don’t let him know. I just wanted you all to know that he just wants to be treated as you normally would treat him. Just please don’t scare him.
“Also, Colin is always present at his side. He has been since he got to the hospital. I ask you not to try to separate them. The best way to talk to him is text messages, or having Colin silently tell you what’s going on. He won’t say much. They’re both good at keeping secrets and won’t spill anything unless the other tells them they can. I’m sure you are all aware of it, but I needed to tell you that.
“Otherwise, just treat him as you normally would and only help him if he asks for it. I think we all know how independent Billy is. Thank you, and please act like you all were before you saw me. Thank you.”
With that, Bill went out of the room and back to where his family was.
~*~Billy~*~
Billy knew something was going down, but he didn’t know what. He just knew that he wanted to see his band and crew. He wanted Steve (Hornbeak) to do their secret handshake with him, Paul to share a few of his jokes with him, Chris, JT, Biff, and Larry to play their instruments, Joe and Jimmy to…the list could just keep going and going. He wanted to do some of the things they’d done before he’d been drafted. Out of everything through, he just wanted to sing and joke around and just have a good old time with all of his friends. (The names mentioned above are just some of the people who had something or other to do with Billy’s 6th CD, ‘Billy Gilman’. I found their names in the booklet that came with the CD.)
Before long, Colin said, “Okay, let’s go.”
Billy was led to where his band and crew were. He heard them all talking, and none of them were quieting down, yet he knew they were looking at him. He sighed, and stood his ground. He knew then that someone had come in here when they’d stopped earlier. He whistled loudly and everyone grew quiet waiting for him to speak.
“I don’t know who talked to you earlier, but I do not like to be stared at like you all were and the continued talking even after I know you saw me is annoying as well. I may be blind, but my other senses are working perfectly. I don’t want to know who came and talked to you all or what was said. I will be glad to talk to any of you about what happened. I would like to make at least one song, if not more, about all this.
“I want to be treated like I was before I left. Before any of this took place. I want to do the secret handshake with Steve. I want to hear one, or several, of Paul’s jokes. I want Chris, JT, Biff, and Larry to play their guitars. Joe and Jimmy to…the list could just keep going and going. Out of everything through, I just wanted to sing and joke around and just have a good old time with all of you. Yes, there are some things that I can’t do with you all, but I think that we should try to do what I can do, and if there’s something that I can’t do, we’ll just figure out what to do instead.
“Now later on I’ll introduce Isabella. She’s my nurse. No one is allowed to give her any information about anything that we do. If I hear that you have, you’re fired. No ands, if’s, or’s, or buts about it. This is your only warning. Colin and I were talking and even through her record appears clean, it may just appear that way, so please be careful about what you say around her. She told me that she was a fan of mine, but you never know. What kind of fan is she? One that’d keep everything that we say to herself, or one that will spill everything we say? That is why I’ve said what I said.
“If she’s around, and you don’t think I’m aware of it, no matter who’s talking, or whatever, just say, ‘The bananas and strawberries are looking amazing.’ That’s today’s saying. The saying will change day to day, so Colin will send each one of you a text or an e-mail each morning. If it happens that someone had to say it, Colin will automatically send you all another text. So, each of you are to check your phones each morning for the new saying of the day. We’ll do this until we’re sure. If you’re around please help me watch her. Thank you all. Now, where’s Steve? I want to do the handshake.”
Steve came over and they did the handshake. After that, Billy told them what had happened after he’d woken up, after asking Colin to tape what he said. Everyone was glad that he’d gotten out of there.
When he was done, Billy said, “Let’s get on YouTube and find out what people are saying.”
Colin got Billy’s laptop out and got onto YouTube. “Oh. My. Gosh. Billy, you’ll never guess what the fans did.”
“What.”
“There are just all videos. No text comments.”
“No way!”
“Yes. I think it’s safe to say, they know exactly what they are doing, and that they want to help out their favorite singer.”
“I’m glad.”
“Me too.”
“Oh.”
“What?”
“A lot of these are marked ‘private’. I think a lot of these people didn’t want their faces shown publicly.”
“That’s good.” Billy said, “I don’t blame them. In this world, you can’t be too careful.”
“You’re right.”
“Let’s watch.”
“Do you want me to make it so that the videos just continually play?”
“Yes.”
“Okay, let me get these videos on the list. There’s about 1,000 of them. Each looks to be 30 seconds to a minute.”
“Really? Amazing. I love my fans. They always amaze me.”
Everyone smiled, as Steve said, “They do us too, Billy.”
Billy smiled waiting for his brother to finish putting the video’s together. He thought about what he could say to his fans. Right before Colin could say that he’d gotten the videos in order, Billy said, “Before we see the video’s I want to have some of the new video done. Colin, let’s do this.”
Colin made sure nothing was in the video that would tell people where his brother was, and then got out his video camera and said, “On 3. One, two, three, ACTION!”
Billy started talking, and when done with the first part, Colin stopped the video, and then started all the fan videos after Billy said that it was all right to start. When finished, Billy finished his own video.
~*~Billy’s video~*~
“Hello again, everyone, Billy here. I haven’t seen any videos yet, and I will as soon as I get this first part of the video done. I just wanted to say thank you for not posting text comments. It helps all of us out, let me tell you. Okay, now it’s time. I’m going to watch the videos now. Pause the video.
“Okay, guys, just seen all the videos. Thanks for all the nice comments. I loved them. To those people that asked me where I am, I can’t tell you that. I have to be careful, where I was, there was people there that were lying to me. I called someone and they came to get me. I can’t say who it was, because they probably wouldn’t be safe. I will keep you updated on everything.
“Oh, and Miranda, thanks for the tips. I really appreciate it. I will be in touch with you. Thanks again, everyone. Also, I have no idea when the next concert will be. I haven’t decided yet. I have to get comfortable not using my eyesight. It’s taking awhile. I’ve actually thought about getting a Seeing Eye dog. If you have any suggestions with what kind of dog I should get, I will take any suggestions you give me. Until next time! Keep sending in those videos! B out for now!”
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 am

Here you go!
~*~Billy~*~
He smiled as he heard the result, and then told his brother, “Post it.”
Colin did so, and then Billy addressed everyone, “Colin and I are going to go get Isabella. Remember, my rules! Let’s go, Col.”
Colin took his brother’s elbow and led him towards the door. Billy stopped, and said, “You know what to do. Hide everything. Let’s go, Col.”
They went to where Isabella was. When they got to the room, Isabella was in, Billy said, “Isabella? I hope I didn’t scare you.”
“Oh, your fine.”
“Good. You can take you’re handkerchief off.”
Isabella took off her handkerchief off. She saw how nice the place looked around her, and couldn’t help but notice how nice the place looked.
Billy heard her intake of breath, and said, “Do you like it?”
“Yes, I do.”
“Cool. Now follow us. It’s time for you to join us at the party.”
Isabella smiled and walked over to Billy. He knew when she was there, because he could hear her coming over and then felt her beside him. When she was there and they started walking to where the band members were. None of them talked as they walked. Even if she was asked a question, Isabella wasn’t sure if she would be able to answer it. She was just in awe of the whole situation.
They walked into where the band was, and Billy said, “Everyone, I’d like you to meet my nurse, Isabella.”
Everyone welcomed her, and then started to mingle and have fun. Isabella had fun, but kept an eye on Billy. He seemed to be having so much fun. She wondered at times, what he had to be thinking. He seemed like he was down.
Billy was hanging out with his brother and some of the band. He enjoyed it, but he really wanted to sing. He wondered if his misery was showing on his face. Ten minutes later, he knew they had notice, when one of them asked how he was doing.
“Honestly? Not good. I need to sing.”
“Then sing.” His brother answered.
Billy smiled, and said, “Tape me. I think the fans need to see me singing. Make sure there’s nothing in the way to let anyone know where I am.”
Colin started the tape, and said, “Its ready, Billy.”
“Thanks, Colin.” Billy said, as Colin said that, and snapped. Billy looked at the camera and started.
~*~The Finished Project~*~
“Hey everyone! I was sitting here talking to my band and family members. I wasn’t having much fun. Don’t get me wrong. I love being with these guys, but I need to sing, which is why this is being taped. I hope to see you all soon! Here we go!”
He started singing. He sang every song that he could of his own. No one said a thing or sang along. Just let him sing. By the time he was through, he didn’t have much of a voice left, but he didn’t care. He felt so much better.
When through, Billy said, “Man, do I feel better! Thanks for watching!” He continued talking before they could shut off the camera. “I wish the fans knew how much they mean to me. How often I thought about them while in Iraq. Not a day want by that I didn’t wish I could sign an autograph for one of them, or do a concert for them. I missed you all also. Being here where you all are…it’s just…amazing. Amazing. I didn’t feel like myself at all since I was gone, until I did that concert.” Billy took in a deep breath, and let it out.
“However, I really want to sing for all of my fans live before I really feel like myself again. The only thing would be those guys that are following me. We have to figure what or who they are before I do my first live concert.” He breathed in deeply and stood up. “Colin, I’m ready for bed.”

~*~Billy~*~
They stopped the video as Colin appeared. Colin took his brother’s arm and led him towards the underground tunnel.
“Dad, put a handkerchief around Isabella’s eyes, please.” Billy said to his dad. When they had it over her eyes, they started going again. When they were, finally back at Billy’s parent’s house, Billy said, “She can take off the blindfold and then mom can take her to the spare room.”
When Billy knew that they were gone, he said, “Isaiah and Lucas, I’m guessing you both know what to do, am I correct?”
“You are, sir.” Isaiah answered. Isaiah and Lucas were part of Billy’s bodyguards.
“Good. Stay there until I tell you. No one else is to get you to leave. You may get food and go to the bathroom, but only one at a time, and only after she’s asleep. Am I understood?”
“You are, sir.” Lucas said, smiling.
“Good. Now, this has been a very tiring day. I’m going to go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning.” Billy said.
Colin led him to his room. “I’ll leave you to get dressed, Billy, and then I’ll be back in. We have an air mattress that we’re going to bring in when you’re ready.”
“Thanks, Colin. I love you, brother.”
“Love you, too.” Colin said, before walking out of the room and quietly closing the bedroom door.
Billy smiled at the door. Before he was drafted, he never would’ve said that. It was just a given…something he had taken for granted. Now with everything he’d been through, he didn’t take it for granted that everyone knew it. He wanted them to know. Just in case. He sighed, and then got dressed into his pajamas. He went to his personal bathroom, brushed his teeth, and went to the bathroom, then to his own bed, which he hadn’t slept in for a very long time. When he was in bed, he yelled, “Colin! You can come in now!”
He smiled as his brother came in, with their dad behind him. They got the air mattress blown up, sheets put down on it and then Colin got into bed.
“Where’s the mattress?” Billy asked when it was just the two of them. He had begun carefully to listen around him.
“Beside your dresser. It’s close to you, but out of the way if you needed to get something. Chris and Logan are outside the door in case you need something but I don’t hear you.”
“Good. Their following the same rules as the other two, right?”
“Right.”
“Good. Now, we’d better get some sleep. I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a long day.”
They both fell asleep, after saying that they loved each other.
~*~The Dream~*~
They were driving down the road when they heard the first bomb. They turned their vehicle towards where the bomb had landed. All of a sudden, another bomb was closer. They never got there, as another bomb went off not ten feet away from where they were. The last thing any of them remembered was a bright light of the explosion, and then total darkness.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Billy woke up thrashing around and screaming. He had, had to relive that day for the first time since he had woken up from his coma. He immediately started crying, rocking back and forth. He had had nightmares before, but that one was one that he didn’t want to have again. That one was the scariest of them all.
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 pm

My lord, that's one hell of a cliff hanger! Talk about intense!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billyfan2006 Sat May 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Wow! it's been too long! here's more!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Colin hadn’t heard his brother’s thrashing around, until his scream lit the silence. Colin immediately jumped up, and turned the light on. He went to his brother, and just held him. The others came running in, and the only thing that they got from him for quite awhile was “I love you.” What they didn’t realize was that, that had been his last words after the bombing, right before he passed out.
After about an hour of this, Billy was finally starting to calm down. He remembered everything that had happened, and cringed as he remembered. He sighed because he knew that everyone was in the room. He knew that they would want an explanation. He started talking before anyone could say a word. “I know you guys want an explanation, but I’m not ready to talk about it. I will say that that nightmare I just had was the experience I had before I became blind. I know I kept repeating, ‘I love you.’ That was the last thing I thought before I blacked out.”
Billy felt the arm on his shoulder tighten, and knew instantly that his mom was there. He gradually relaxed and was soon asleep. The others left the room and were soon outside.
Fran looked at Steve and Colin and said, “I have a feeling that he needs to write a song. He trusts Colin, and he works with Steve all the time. As soon as he’s awake and everything…”
Colin and Steve nodded, and then everyone went their separate ways. They got back into bed. Each of them didn’t sleep very well, worried about Billy.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Billy woke up, but didn’t make a sound. He’d already begun to think of a song that he needed to write. “Logan.” He hissed, not wanting to wake his brother up.
Logan came in immediately and was soon by Billy’s bed, on his knees. “Yes sir?”
“I’d like you to get me a piece of paper, a pen, and a ruler. Hurry. I have a song in my head that needs wrote down.”
“Yes, sir.” said, quietly hurrying to do what he was asked.
Billy got up and went to the restroom, not knowing that his brother was awake and watching him. He was soon coming out again, went straight to his bed and waited for Logan to come back. He was soon there.
“Here you go, Billy.” Logan said, knowing that Billy was listening for him.
“Thanks, Logan. Go stand by the door again, and don’t let anyone come in. Oh, and take my brother with you. Before he goes, I want that bed down. I don’t want to be disturbed. Through, I would like some coffee and something to eat.”
“I’ll go and get it for you, sir.”
“Thanks Logan.”
“No problem, Mr. Gilman.”
Billy just shook his head, and said, “When you come back with that breakfast, knock and wait for me to answer. When I do, bring it to me. Make sure stuff is on there clockwise. Let me know where it is.”
“Yes, sir.” Logan said, knowing that that was Billy’s way of dismissing him.
Billy sighed, and knew what he needed to do. He knew his brother was still in his room, “Colin, make sure that the recording studio has a camera set up, and that everything else is also. I’m going to need it.”
“Okay.” Colin said, as he put the bed into its bag. He left soon after that, knowing that his brother would be writing a song, and wanted to put it to music as soon as he was done.
Billy, who had the materials he asked for in his hands, went to his desk and started writing, while trying not to cry. Before he began, he thought, ‘What happens if I need to stop writing? How will I know where to begin from where I left off? I don’t want help writing this, at least not now, because of the subject line.’
He thought about it for a few more moments, and then knew how he’d do it. If he needed to stop, he’d keep his finger there or something else. He sighed and then started writing.

The day that I became blind
Will always be in my head
My unit and I were driving along
And heard a noise. A bomb.
We went to see if we could
Find out what had happened

We were about there, when
Another bomb went off
Some ten feet away
The last thing I remember is
A bright light like an explosion
Then it was darkness
My last coherent thought was
‘I love you.’

When I woke up, a few months later
I couldn’t see
The bomb that had went off
Had made me go blind
I started yelling for help

The nurse came in and calmed me down
She reminded me about what Mattie had said
About praying after every storm
That hit me like a ton of bricks
I knew that I would have to
Do my best not to ask why
Why did this happen to me

I found out that I was in Washington D.C.
At the army’s hospital
I found out that the other’s in my group
Were there and safe

One lost an arm. One lost a leg.
One’s deaf. One lost both legs.
And one lost both arms.
The one that lost his arms was doing better
Than the others

I found out that I’d learn Braille among other things
Also, found out that someone was there to get me
To take me away from ya’ll
I called my brother without anyone knowing
He came in looking like a sergeant
We soon left the place

Now I’m sitting here writing this song
Wondering what’s going to happen next
Guess only time will tell
Guess only time will tell

Billy sighed wishing for the first time, since the nurse reminded him about what Mattie had said, that he could see. He wanted to reread what he’d just wrote. He knew that his brother would be done in the studio. He hadn’t moved the paper, so he knew which side of the paper was which. He picked it up, and put it so the words weren't showing. He went towards the door, and opened it.
“Billy!” Both men said together in surprise “What are you…”
“Doing?” Billy finished, “What I’m doing is not for you to know. It’s a private matter. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go.”
He walked down the hallway, knowing exactly where he was. He knew he could get around this house as well as anyone with sight. He made his way into the living room, and continued onto the studio. When he arrived, he was met with humming. He knew immediately that it was his brother.
“Col?”
“Oh, Billy! You scared me!” Colin said, jumping a little.
“Glad to know that I can still scare you.” Billy said, laughing, but it stopped as fast as it had begun.
“What’s wrong?”
“I just wrote a song. Can you read it to me?” Billy asked, and added, “Tape yourself saying it. I need to memorize it. You can destroy the tape when I’m done.”
Colin set up a recorder and pushed play. He just started reading the song and when finished, stopped the recorder. “This is amazing, Billy!” Colin told his brother.
“Thanks!” Billy replied, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a song to listen to.”
Billyfan2006
Billyfan2006

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum