*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share your stories on when you first met Billy? Where were you?

5 posters

Go down

Share your stories on when you first met Billy? Where were you? Empty Share your stories on when you first met Billy? Where were you?

Post  Amber Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey y'all! Post your stories of how you met Billy here!!! My first time meeting Billy was in Reno, NV on March 22, 2002. I was 12 at the time lol, and so all I said to Billy was 'Hi!' but I was hyper-ventelating, because I was sooo shocked/elated that I was "actually meeting Billy!" lol. So all I managed to get out was 'Billy?" and Billy responded with 'Yeah?" I was like "Could you dedicate a song to me?" Billy: "Sure!! Smile Which one?" Me: "Crying." We took a picture, and I gave him a hug, and we went off to the show. Mom met him as well, and told him what a good kid he is, and to never changed, and he thanked her. The show started, Billy was amazing, dispite him having a really bad cold- you would've never have known!! Smile Before 'Crying Billy goes "Well I met this girl back stage by the name of Amber, where is she?" I stood up and waved my hands in the air so he could see me. Billy: "Shine the spotlight on her! There she is! Smile" "She asked me to dedicated this next song to her." and Mom yells out "Thank you Billy!" Billy: "Your Welcome! Smile" after that I've met him many many times after that, even getting to hang out with him at a private party with him and his family (whom I've met tons of times too who are also wonderful people) for his 'Hey Little Suzie' video on my 16th Birthday with my friend Trish, it was the best!! Smile Very Happy I definitely have been fortunate to also have "Spend Another Night" dedicated to me and my two friends in Verona, NY in 2004, and go on stage with Billy during 'Put Your Head On My Shoulder in 2003. Smile Very Happy So share your stories of how you met Billy!! Smile
Amber.
Amber
BillyFan
BillyFan

Back to top Go down

Share your stories on when you first met Billy? Where were you? Empty Re: Share your stories on when you first met Billy? Where were you?

Post  Autum Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Love the topic.

Well... the first time I actually formally met Billy was at CMA Fest 2008. I remember standing in line at his booth with a ton of stuff for him to autograph. I expected to go up to him and say "Hey Billy, my name is Autum and I've been a fan since the beginning," but it didn't happen like that. To my utmost surprise and literal shock, when it came my turn to meet Billy he walked up to me and said "Hey Autum! How's it goin'?" Of course I greeted him back and had him sign some things. I wanted to ask him "How do you know my name?" but I didn't. One of the things I had him sign was a copy of Country Weekly magazine that he was on the cover of in January 2001 when he was just 12. A photographer from Country Weekly happened to be standing right there so he made Billy and me pose with the magazine making silly faces. We had to act like we were so shocked that Billy looked so different from the time the picture on the cover of the magazine was taken. To my knowledge, the photos never were published in the actual magazine, but it was still cool to be photographed with Billy by a Country Weekly photographer. haha Anyway, after he signed all my pictures and whatnot, I left the booth. He told me to have a great day and I told him the same.

Even though I've met Billy numerous times since then and have actually gotten the chance to sit down and spend time talking to him, I've still never asked him how he knew who I was without me ever telling him. I think it's because in 2007, the first time I saw him in person (I didn't meet him then) my mom, who is a professional photographer, took awesome pictures of him performing at the River Front stages in 2007 at Fan Fair. The pictures were so good that we sent them to Billy and Angela. Angela emailed me and told me thanks for the pictures and that they were great. I think that's how he knew who I was.... but I guess I'll never know until I ask him. ha
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Share your stories on when you first met Billy? Where were you? Empty Re: Share your stories on when you first met Billy? Where were you?

Post  ceterson1318 Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:34 pm

these are good stories. thats cool how he knew your name autum! i have not met billy yet, but will someday soon. and cant wait to share the story haha Very Happy
ceterson1318
ceterson1318
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

Back to top Go down

Post  OneVoice Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 pm

I haven't personally met Billy, but I did touch his hand at a concert on August 2, 2001. I snuck up to the front row to give him a sign I had made and he smiled and winked at me as he took it and touched my hand as a thank you. I hope to someday soon get to meet him and be able to thank him for all he has done and talk to him, even for a few seconds.
OneVoice
OneVoice
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

http://www.tracylynnbonzo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Hey Autum! Wow that's an awesome story of how you met Billy! You know- that's probably how he knew your name- Angela probably told him about the pictures (and showed them to him) I too have gotten to personally hang out and talk with Billy for a few hours- it was awesome!! Smile And for those who haven't yet met Billy, you will some day soon! Smile
Am
Amber
BillyFan
BillyFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Those are nice stories.
I've met Billy quite a few times and he's one of the best. I don't remember dates relating to him the way I used to when I was younger, but a few of them I haven't forgotten.
I first met Billy back at a bank on December 16th, 2000. He was doing an autograph signing there for fans. We were both 12 at the time and he asked how old I was. When I told him, he said that was cool. He told me to smile for the camra and I got his autograph. It's just crazy to me to think about because that seems so long ago and we were so young. I'm so glad he started singing because if not, I probably would've never met him. Nice topic. Smile
Miranda
Miranda
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Miranda wrote:Those are nice stories.
I've met Billy quite a few times and he's one of the best. I don't remember dates relating to him the way I used to when I was younger, but a few of them I haven't forgotten.
I first met Billy back at a bank on December 16th, 2000. He was doing an autograph signing there for fans. We were both 12 at the time and he asked how old I was. When I told him, he said that was cool. He told me to smile for the camra and I got his autograph. It's just crazy to me to think about because that seems so long ago and we were so young. I'm so glad he started singing because if not, I probably would've never met him. Nice topic. Smile
Ahhh! That's so cool, Miranda! I would have loved to meet him before the voice change but I never got the chance to. See, I was only 9 years old when Billy first came out and my mom thought that me being so crazy over Billy was just a phase that I would outgrow in no time, so she never bothered taking me to see him. It really wasn't until I got to be in my teens did she take me seriously. haha
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down