*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan?

4 posters

Go down

As a fan, do you get bored with Billy?

Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? I_vote_lcap17%Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? I_vote_lcap50%Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? I_vote_lcap33%Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? I_vote_lcap0%Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? Empty Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan?

Post  NewsGenerator Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Do you ever get bored being a BG fan?
I dont mean to beat a dead horse and I dont want to sound like I dont support Billy but I am being honest here. I get bored with him sometimes. Think about it:
-He only does a few events a year
-What events he does do are usually announced just days before, (if not the very day) they happen
-His myspace is never updated
-BillyGilman.com is never updated
-He tweets more about his personal life than professional life
-He makes a trip to Nashville every couple of months
-He has more than enough material recorded to make an album but we still havent heard any of it
-When his new songs are released it is only on his myspace and official
-The newest songs on his myspace are of demo quality
-He hasn't done an album in 4 years

I know Im not the only fan who freaking feels like this. Why do you think so many have moved on from him? I know fans who were so loyal to him only a year ago and now they got so bored they dont listen to him anymore.

I know I dont know much about the music biz, but I do know that it seems like Billy isn't doing ALL that he can do to make it big again. I also heard from a credible source that he has turned down some good record deals. Im sayin this only because I wanna see Billy succeed and I love him and his music.
NewsGenerator
NewsGenerator
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

Back to top Go down

Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? Empty Re: Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan?

Post  Autum Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:16 pm

We usually try to avoid topics like this because they can provoke uneasy emotions and also because we don't want to appear like we are attacking Billy on a FANsite.

But as long as this can be discussed civilly and with open-mindedness, I will allow the topic to circulate. So, everyone, respond civilly and carefully.

I will agree that sometimes, it is tiring waiting on things to happen for Billy. But I do believe he will succeed sometime within the next year. If something promising doesn't happen for him within the next year, I might begin to worry a bit, but right now I think he's finally beginning to get the attention he deserves from labels.

And as far as him rejecting record deals-- he mentioned something about it once before on BGF.com, but he said he's not signing a contract unless it feels right, so I can't blame him.
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan? Empty Re: Do You Ever Get Bored Being a Billy Fan?

Post  Melody Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:22 am

I know I get bored with the whole thing sometimes. But knowing he's still recording and writing songs does make a difference. If he had just stopped his entire music career, that, of course, would be WAY different. All we can do is be patient. He was in the spotlight big time when he was young. You can't blame him for wanting some time to just be with his friends and family. And he IS starting to get more attention, as Autum said. I'm sure we'll see some big news in the coming year. I have no doubt. And either way, I personally will always be a fan, no matter where things go.
Melody
Melody
BillyCentric!
BillyCentric!

Back to top Go down

Post  ceterson1318 Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:51 pm

I wouldnt say I get bored being a fan. Although it does suck waiting for new songs to come out and for a new album to be released. But bored, never! He was on top when he was younger and given time he will be on top again, where he belongs and deserves to be.
ceterson1318
ceterson1318
GilmanGeek
GilmanGeek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down