*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copper Kettle Review

3 posters

Go down

Copper Kettle Review Empty Copper Kettle Review

Post  Autum Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Hey guys, just got back from a 45-minute drive, and I'm a little tired, so if there are mistakes, bear with me! Laughing

My bf and I got to Copper Kettle like 2 hours early, just to be absolutely certain we got good seats. Anyway, we ate and the food was amazing.

At about 7:15, Billy and Steve pulled up and came on in. Both mingled with people for a while, then after Steve chatted with Steve Mandile and his wife and got set up, he came and sat down with me and talked for a while. We talked about the IL concert, songwriting, and lots of other things. After Steve went up to perform, Billy came over and sat with us. We talked about everything from Kanye West's uncalled for rudeness on the VMA's last night to how songwriting was going for him to how many times he'd sang "One Voice". We talked about so many random things, I can't remember them all.

Oh yeah, and I met Sue's daughter. She sat at our table and she talked with Billy also, of course. She's really nice and I enjoyed meeting her.

Anyway, here was Billy's song line up for the night. And he did sing songs in this order:
-This Time
-I've Changed
-Oklahoma
-I Know
-She Ain't Mine (brand new song)
-I Don't Wanna Go Back (which was actually written at 5:30 CST this afternoon lol Laughing )
-Honky Tonk Parade
-Damn
-It's My Life
-I Will
-Happy Birthday (to two girls who were celebrating their bday)
-She Wanted More
-One Voice (which he dedicated to his late grandmother.)
FYI, "I Don't Wanna Go Back" was inspired by a personal relationship of his that ended and "She Ain't Mine" was basically about wanting a girl, but not being able to have her. Both were absolutely amazing, and it’s an understatement when I say that this next CD is going to be the best one yet!

It’s funny, before he got up to do his last 2 songs (“She Wanted More” and “One Voice”, he said he was contemplating how to end “One Voice”…to do it normally or to hold the note. I told him to hold the note, so he did! And….WOW…. Everyone was flabbergasted. He held it longer than he did in 2001 at the American Music Awards…

Pics will come soon!

Thanks!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Copper Kettle Review Empty Re: Copper Kettle Review

Post  melisabgfanforlife Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:36 am

thanks for the great review Very Happy
melisabgfanforlife