*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My SI Opry (Nov.13th) Review

4 posters

Go down

My SI Opry (Nov.13th) Review Empty My SI Opry (Nov.13th) Review

Post  whatsupsuzy Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:07 pm

I was a car rider that day, with my friend Sam. Sam had no clue who Billy was, all she knew was that I was taking her to see my favorite singer. We drove straight to the Hartsfeild-Jackson Airport in Atlanta to meet up with my dad (whom i bribed into driving us:]). Before we hit the road my dad took me to a quick vocal lesson because I hadn't had one for awhile due to health issues. We actually worked on one of Billy's songs (Theres a Hero) which is what I will be singing at a convention in Orlando, January5th-10th. When we got on the road we listened to a CD I burnt of all the Billy songs I have. We did that for about 5-6 hours without stopping. By 11 we got to Nashville where we stopped(Ironic how i mention this right after i say "without any stops" lol). Me and Sam had a room to ourselves, and my dad stayed across the hall. I couldn't sleep so I made Sam stay up all night with me watching hotel service movies (which my dad was not happy about paying for) and eating cheese roll ups from taco bell. The next morning I woke up at 8:30am to Sam dragging me out of the bed (literally) begging me to take her to eat breakfast. She basically had to drag me down there. Then we went to the gym for a good hour or so. Next thing you know its almost noon and my dad is still sleeping, so I broke into his room, and started jumping on the bed screaming "Wassup Daddio!". Of course I learned my lesson because I fell off the bed, hit the floor, and made a big thump. I laughed but deep inside I wanted to go back and work out for another few hours. Once Sam and I were all ready, we started craving McDonalds ice cream and fries with barbecue sauce (so much for going to the gym) so we did to pass the time and let my dad sleep. (Im really glad I didn't fall AFTER all that food.. I probably would've caused a level 10 earthquake!) He finally decided to wake up at about 2 and finish our road trip(lol) to Illinois for the big show. We got there at about 5, thinking there would be traffic. We went ahead and got our tickets, and I met Hawaii (Billy fan) for the first time. I really had to go pee and I didn't want to awkwardly run into someone while racing to the bathroom (haha) so we went to walgreens and I went (TMI...). We ate at a really creepy chinese restaraunt and when we got back, people were lined up at the door. I brushed my teeth in the parking lot because there was a peice of something in my teeth. I got in the crowd and looked for people I met online (I know..Im beyond cool) who said they would be here. I met Autum and Arelena and got pictures. When we got inside we put our stuff by our seat and I bought some shirts and pictures to get signed. Sam felt like a noob because I was wearing a homemade shirt for the concert and she wanted to blend in more so she changed into a Billy shirt I bought for her. I was alone so I decided to mingle with a few fans I was sitting near. Sam came back and I went into the lobby to call my dad and tell him to give me some more money (But then he stayed the whole time.. on the plus side i had almost unlimited cash hahaha) in perfect time, because while I was gone Billy walked on stage then back off. Until the concert started me and Sam argued over wether or not its reasonable to shred carrots with a cheese grater (which totally is.. I asked the guitarist.. who had mad powers). Steve Hornbeak, Ashley Hatifeild, and Angela Baccari opened up the show with amazing performances. When the intermission came, I got to go back and meet Billy. It was my first time meeting him, so I was a total dork. Billy said hi and joked saying to Sam: "I like your shirt..Whose Billy Gilman?" I giggled. Sam was oblivious to the fact that was him(which explains why she did the whole "your such an idiot but ill laugh at your jokes anyway because you work here" kind of laugh when he asked), until I handed the gift I got for Billy then she felt pretty stupid. In the gift bag was a homemade shirt (a match to the one I wore to the show), a homemade bracelet that said "Thanks Billy!", a Thank-you note, A pair of funky orange glasses I wore in a youtube video I made for him, and spongebob bandaids. When I told him there were band-aids in there he laughed and told me how they would've gone perfect with his Michael Jackson halloween costume. I almost busted a gut laughing at the irony of the whole dressing up as MJ on halloween '09. When I told him I would so not have expected anyone to dress up as MJ, he laughed at my "nickname" for Michael Jackson (MJ) and went into detail with the costume, which caused me to do nothing less then fall on Sam cracking up. We got autographs, pictures, and soon enough the show started. In his opening song, he kneeled by Sam and started "serenading" her. She claims it was awkward, but I could tell she wanted to fall all over him. The whole time I was pretty much the only one who would be out of the chair, plain old rocking out! Sam just sat there and mirrored me.. in hopes of looking like half the idiot i did.. (looking like an idiot and not being afraid to do what i want is something i really embrace.. but those at the concert already knew that thirty seconds post-me walking in..) I also took hundreds of pictures. He did a duet with Miss Illinois 2007 with the song Almost Over from his self-titled album. Also sung was a very moving, and religious song he dedicated to his grandmother. He closed with "Cryin" by Roy Orbison without a mic, which rocked. I didn't want it to end! But when it did, Billy was in the lobby signing more autographs. Of course- I hopped in line. I got to chat with Melissa and Hawaii (Billy fans) who were awesome, and really fun to talk to. When it was my turn I got a picture signed for my friend Kat, who thought he was lip syncing Carrie Underwood when I showed her Billy's cover of "Ben" sung when he was a kid.. then was all EHHMAHHHGAWWD when I told her it was really him singing and remained in shock for a good 6 hrs( ..shows how alike we are haha) and was dying to come but had the flu so I promised her I would get her something special. I had to tell Billy it was spelled K-A-T, and not C-A-T because shes weird (like me:) and just had to confuse the world with her proper homophones (notsomuch like me..) he chuckled. I got a second picture with him and immediatley dove for pictures and a quick chat with Steve Hornbeak, Angela Baccari, and Ashley Hatifeild. After the show we piled up in the car and drove 11 hours home. I didn't have to drive so I slept Smile Overall: BEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF THE FREAKIN' WORLD! I thought Billy's voice was awesome before... but live its like a combination of Fergie and Jesus..

Thanks For Reading!! XOXO

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

P.S. The only disclaimer I could think of was that I didn't want to leave.

Last edited by whatsupsuzy on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I skipped a few hairy details.. the world needs to know about every score and every sore I can think of at the show (i <3 quoting juno))
whatsupsuzy
whatsupsuzy
BillyFan
BillyFan

http://www.twitter.com/notsuzyjones

Back to top Go down

My SI Opry (Nov.13th) Review Empty Re: My SI Opry (Nov.13th) Review

Post  Autum Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:47 pm

Awesome review, Suzy! Witty and creative as usual!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

My SI Opry (Nov.13th) Review Empty Re: My SI Opry (Nov.13th) Review

Post  melisabgfanforlife Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:26 am

great review Very Happy
melisabgfanforlife
melisabgfanforlife
Recruiter