*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idols's Aaron Kelly Compared to Billy Gilman

+2
melisabgfanforlife
Autum
6 posters

Go down

American Idols's Aaron Kelly Compared to Billy Gilman Empty American Idols's Aaron Kelly Compared to Billy Gilman

Post  Autum Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:56 am

Hey BillyCentrics!

This doesn't qualify as big Billy news, but I'm putting this here because Billy is getting a bit of attention and acknowledgement now that American Idol contestant, 16-yr-old, country-singing powerhouse Aaron Kelly has made it to the Top 24. Viewers, fans, and critics are comparing him to Billy Gilman, based on looks, age, sound, and talent.

Here are some things being said:

"Aaron Kelly had the chutzpah to attempt "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. And it was good. Very, very good. He's a shy 16-year-old with a voice that sounds like a bigger, fuller Billy Gilman. "He's adorable," said Kara. "I love everything about you," added Randy. I have a feeling this Aaron kid's going to be a hit with many "Idol" households. Keep an eye out, Archie fans. Here comes another one."

"I don't know if you look at this but I believe
you SHOULD sing "One
Voice" by Billy Gilman. You'd FIT that song so well
and pull it off
soooo good. PLEASE. My fiance and I agree that this
is THE song you should sing.
"

If anyone finds more quotes, feel free to add them.

Again, while this isn't exactly huge Billy news, it is good that memories of him are being brought back to the minds of the American public.
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

American Idols's Aaron Kelly Compared to Billy Gilman Empty Re: American Idols's Aaron Kelly Compared to Billy Gilman

Post  melisabgfanforlife Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:10 am

I been voteing for aaron i really do like him he does remind me of billy. I hope he wins
melisabgfanforlife
melisabgfanforlife
Recruiter
Recruiter

Back to top Go down

American Idols's Aaron Kelly Compared to Billy Gilman Empty Re: American Idols's Aaron Kelly Compared to Billy Gilman

Post  Autum Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:40 am

Here's more:

"hope [aaron] can sing songs of billy gilman, ’cause i do beleive that songs of him will fit on you voice…"

"She could also make interesting comparisons with singers like Aaron Kelly,and how he compares with the former child star singer Billy Gilman,from 8,or 9 years ago.They are so very similar,in look,and they both sing country,just an interesting take like that would be an improvement."
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lunjer Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:30 am

I never knew about Aaron Kelly until I went here just this moment(coz im not really watching AI), I get interested to comment here.. (btw i'm Danie, fan of B)
anyway, the first time I saw his clip (aaron) singing 'the climb' I thought he's Awesome! and at young age he can compete with few ages ahead of him..he's amazing, and yes I would lve to hear him singing our very own Billy's song.. that'll be awesomest at all.. and Simon's like him.
and I dont like the comparison between him and Billy.. they're cool and rocks on different ways..
I like the way the dude sings..
lunjer
BillyFan
BillyFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 pm

oohh HOW did i not hear about this until now! i absolutely adore Aaron. he's one of my favorites. this is so cool to hear! i've been DYING to hear someone sing a Billy song on Idol for as long as i can remember. maybe Aaron will finally pull one out!!
Melody
Melody
BillyCentric!
BillyCentric!

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Melody wrote:oohh HOW did i not hear about this until now! i absolutely adore Aaron. he's one of my favorites. this is so cool to hear! i've been DYING to hear someone sing a Billy song on Idol for as long as i can remember. maybe Aaron will finally pull one out!!
The thing is.... Aaron is actually quoted saying he will NOT be doing any Billy songs. It's nothing against Billy at all, but as Aaron is trying to stand alone as an artist and be his own person, he does not want to deal with constantly being compared to Billy. Nevertheless, it is it really good that Aaron's recent time in the limelight has caused so many people to remember Billy.
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mYtImEoNeArTh Mon May 31, 2010 12:54 am

hey guys Aaron doesnt really sound like him. I'm not really one to watch tv so i just youtubed him and he doesnt sound like billy or even look like him! Billy is way better!
mYtImEoNeArTh
mYtImEoNeArTh
Recruiter
Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  hawaii Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:35 am

Listen to these of Aaron's younger songs and you'll see how much he sounded like Billy!
Jesus Take the Wheel Young B's voice.
Burn - This is like Billy's voice singing MTH songs live.
Snake Song Aaron covering a Billy song! But far not as good, maybe due to the recording conditions.

He may be said to be a "bigger, fuller" Billy the kid, but never Billy the man now...
Now he's just not as good as B when B was 17, for the looking, the sound, the youth and energy, or voice control... Let alone the Billy now. But he's still doing great concerning that he was never officially trained in using his voice. And he needs to search more for his own distinctive style.
Anyway, I've been watching Aaron Kelly since 2005 and I wish him luck for the new album!
hawaii
hawaii
BillyFan
BillyFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:33 pm

hawaii wrote:you'll see how much he sounded like Billy!
Jesus Take the Wheel Young B's voice.

WOW! Shocked I was listening to him singing "Jesus Take the Wheel" and he sounded strikingly like Billy did before the voice change. I think that's the closest I've heard anyone come to sounding like Billy pre-voice change. Thanks for sharing!
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down