*THE BG SPOT*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being a Billy Fan Through the Years

5 posters

Go down

Being a Billy Fan Through the Years Empty Being a Billy Fan Through the Years

Post  Autum Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:04 am

Isn't it just crazy... just wild... just insane... to think that most of us have been Billy Gilman fans for 10 or 11 years now?!

It just blows my mind to think that for me, at age 19, I have been a fan for 10 years, which is over half of my life! It is so crazy for me to think I was a 9-year-old in 4th grade who was obsessed with the songs "One Voice," "Oklahoma," and "Warm & Fuzzy", then a middle-schooler who listened to Music Through Heartsongs night and day, to a high school student who loved Everything and More and Billy Gilman, and now I'm a sophomore in college who goes to all of his shows, has gotten to know him pretty well, and sits up every Labor Day to watch him sing on the MDA Telethon!

Today I was watching the "Warm & Fuzzy" video and remeniscing on the very first time I saw the video 10 years ago on CMT. I cannot believe it has been so long! Where has the time gone?!

Just....wow! That's all I can say. Smile

Feel free to comment or share your own experiences! Smile

Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Being a Billy Fan Through the Years Empty Re: Being a Billy Fan Through the Years

Post  DeannaKimberly Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:30 am

Oh wow! Yeah! I completely agree! I can't believe how crazy long it's been! 10 years IS half of my life! WOW! I love that thought! That he's been a part of our lives for SO long!
DeannaKimberly
DeannaKimberly
BillyFan
BillyFan

Back to top Go down

Being a Billy Fan Through the Years Empty Re: Being a Billy Fan Through the Years

Post  melisabgfanforlife Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 pm

I know what you mean I been a fan sense dec of 2000 when i got one voice for christmas and I still rember me playing one voice and I wanna get to ya over and over again untill my brother hide it from me so i Just brought another copy lol. I rember the frist show I went to of billy's my mom always said I look like one of the beatles fans in their video yelling and holding my hand like it was gold the 1 time billy touch my hand. Then I rember when my bro tellling me that billy was really a girl and i would get so mad. I rember going out and buying every cd the day it comes out. I rember how nice it has been to get to meet billy and get to know him And staying up all night to see him sing on the mda.And i have never told a fan this but someone on here know the story on what happen between me and my x boyfirend well it should of not happen let just say he did something really bad to me and it kept hauted me. That the only i could think of was killing my self and I told my brother these thought's cross my head daily and he said well frist off you need to go talk to someone but 2 thing is play billy music when ever you are very down and just think if you did that to you self mom and dad and the whole family would be crush.And then he smile and said also billy would go bankuppty because you are the only fan that buy's his cd's go to his show's he would be nothing with out you. So billy you have help through alot. I also have made some wonderful friend's through been a billy fan
melisabgfanforlife
melisabgfanforlife
Recruiter
Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  Autum Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:46 pm

melisabgfanforlife wrote:.And i have never told a fan this but someone on here know the story on what happen between me and my x boyfirend well it should of not happen let just say he did something really bad to me and it kept hauted me. That the only i could think of was killing my self and I told my brother these thought's cross my head daily and he said well frist off you need to go talk to someone but 2 thing is play billy music when ever you are very down and just think if you did that to you self mom and dad and the whole family would be crush.And then he smile and said also billy would go bankuppty because you are the only fan that buy's his cd's go to his show's he would be nothing with out you. So billy you have help through alot. I also have made some wonderful friend's through been a billy fan

This is a very powerful story, Melissa. You have confided in me what happened to you, and I know it was a very traumatic event. It is truly a blessing that Billy's music has this healing power that has enabled your emotional wounds to heal. I'm sure Billy would be touched by the story. I'll send the link to it on twitter so he can read your story as well as the others in this thread! Thank you for sharing.
Autum
Autum
Admin
Admin

http://www.billygilmancentral.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Hey Y'all! Thanks for sharing your Billy stories. Wow Melissa, that sounds pretty tough. Sad Thanks for opening up and sharing your story with us. I know for me, Billy's music has gotten me through some pretty difficult times too; I wasn't the most-liked in school, partly cause of my blindness, people couldn't (and still don't) look past me being blind; it's just the 'oh the poor blind girl' and then they would turn away when I'd go do you wanna hang out? High school was very tough for me- I mean I did have my friends, but still.... going through college, I find that most people are very excepting- most of the time. Smile anyways, I can't believe it's been almost 11 years that I've been a BG fan!!! Smile I was 11 years old when I first heard 'One Voice' when I was visiting my family in New York in August of 2000. The morning show played 'One Voice' and introduced him as '12-year-old Billy Gilman "One Voice" after that day I bought every cd and have been a devoated fan ever since. I have had the privelidge of seeing Billy countless times, including getting songs dedicated to me, as well as getting to know Billy very, very well along with his family. Smile Very Happy I'll always support Billy Gilman. Smile
Amber.
Amber
BillyFan
BillyFan

Back to top Go down

Being a Billy Fan Through the Years Empty Been a Fan of Billys Throughout the years.

Post  Matrix6288 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:10 pm

I've been a fan of his since my dad came home with country music with his friends on his motorcycle from being his trip in Florida. He came home and told me "Molly, There is someone special on CMT, that you should hear", so I turned on CMT and I saw his music video of "One Voice" and I've bought every single of his albums since I was 11 years old, so it's been 10 to 11 years for me that I've been a fan of his. It has been so long, since I've seen him in concert since his 2001 tour. I'm a straight A College Graduate with a certificate in Business and Office Support and working two jobs now, since I'm all done with college now.

I'm always Supporting his music and him for the rest of my life most likely from when I was in elementry skool to a two year non-credit College Graduate...years keep flying by, and I will always listen to his music whenever I'm feeling down or anything at all.

Hope everybody enjoys him for who he is today! Can't wait to hear more about his music! Smile I love you
Matrix6288
Matrix6288
BillyFan
BillyFan

http://www.twitter.com/BGRFGoldensfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down